Books & Music Any Romance book readers here on tPF

What????

I don't even like Nora Roberts stuff.

It happened several years ago, but I can't recall the titles. A reader found passages that were so similar that it couldn't be accidental. Roberts was going to sue, but Dailey admitted that she had *writer's block* and felt desperate to meet deadlines and copied Roberts. Roberts asked Dailey to contribute a lot of money to literacy groups as a settlement of the case.

Like her or hate her, Roberts is a top selling author.

^There is such a wide range of explicit description in romance. Some are sweet, some are very graphic. I've read them for a long time and I guess I emphasize plot over the # of love scenes now, but I always want a happily ever after ending. They are a great escape.

I don't mind a 'happy ever after' ending, but I HATE when they wait to the very end to try to wrap it all up. Come on!

I don't need to know so many details (like how many leaves were on the tree), I rather sacrifice some of the minute details in the book for a well developed plot.

^^Agreed! Sometimes the details are nice like at the beginning when they are describing places, etc. But they get in the way of the ending usually! I have read many a romance where they hurry you through the ending and it ends up being so disappointing and anticlimactic!

Agree, agree^^!!! Some authors use all the detail for filler, IMO. And I hate when the ending is rushed and especially when there are still major unanswered questions. Drives me nuts. The editors should notice those irritating details.

^^Me too! I always feel cheated. I have read some really poor endings for books that started out so well. *sigh* Sometimes I feel like I could so much better with those endings!

Am I the only one who had terrible nightmares after McNaught's "Whitney My Love"?

I love the genre - currently I am devouring the books by Loretta Chase and Carla Kelly. Along with Balough, those authors seem to actually write in something approximating the time period

As for Nora Roberts - Key trilogy and Three Sisters really were landmark Urban Fantasy. I could take a pass on everything else. She is a good enough writer - but after 150 books,the do get a bit repetitious...

Last edited: