Any RNs here? Need advice...

1. Sorry if I leave out individuals who are not registered nurses. :shame:

Currently looking for prn work, but I'm a new nurse. Many hospitals in the area seem to be reluctant to hire new RNs for part-time positions. Do I have other options? I'm trying not to be discouraged. I'm excited to practice as a new nurse!

Thanks for reading.

2. Not sure where you live, but they are always hiring here in the Dallas Metroplex. If you are only looking for PRN, you may want to consider working through an agency.

3. Thanks for your response. I'm in Nashville. How do I go about finding a reputable agency? There are so many, it's overwhelming.

4. Hi been an RN for 21 years. Check out these two nursing sites:

Nursing Spectrum online and AllNurses.com.

You can find people from your area that might help you out and also be able to answer any nursing questions. Hope this helps.:yes:

5. ^^ Those are really good sites. Good luck with your search.

6. Is it true that male nurses get paid more? And do nurses in general get paid well? Does it go according to your credentials??

7. I think it really all depends where you are. The base bay for full-time RNs here in Nashville leave much to be desired, IMHO. I guess I feel this way because I'm from California.

I don't know anything about male nurses getting paid more...

8. No, male nurses do not get paid better. And it depends on how long you've been an RN and these days how desperate they are for help. Credentials matter for managment positions. Experience matters in specialty areas. School and office RN's make less than hospital based RN's in my area.

Where you live makes a BIG difference. Rural RN's make quite a bit less than RN's in areas where there is alot of competition. Just as living in New York, LA, or Chicago will pay more than Charlotte, Tampa, or Dallas.