Any ProActiv users out there? A true acne cure?

Proactive DOES work very well until your skin does get used to it...definitely worth it...I still use it from time to time...

For scarring that isn't that serious Microdermabrasion resurfaces the skin & that works really well...as far as REALLY bad scarring...don't bother with any of the lasers other than the Fraxal...

I have been through hell and back with all of the lasers and the only one that has worked is the Fraxal...anyway...hope this helps!
K

mewlicious said:
I bought Proactiv more because I thought it helped with the scars left over from being a gawky teen, however while it's pretty good for reg acne it realy doesn't demished the scars as much as I'd like.

What do you ladies suggest for scarring?

I actually had some acne scarring from my teenage acne nightmare and after one month's use of Mederma for scars at night (which was only a couple of bucks at the grocery store) they ALL went away and never came back.

Recently my massage therapist mentioned that she wanted to get microdermabrasion for her scars and I told her to get mederma first because it's cheap and totally works and is better for your skin than microderm. and so she tried it, and my next appt with her she was smiling ear to ear because her scarring had gone down aat least 50%!

now if mederma would actually work for stretch marks I would be a happy camper! :smile:

My cousin and my good friend who both have clear skin already use proactiv and it works for them.. They just wanted a skincare to use.

My other friend who has somewhat a few acne uses proactiv and it doesn't work for her.

Sometimes bad acne occurs when you eat certain foods. My bro had bad acne for a minute but once he went non dairy, he skin cleared up like that!!!!

I had cystic acne when I was a teenager, and it was AWFUL!!! When my parents finally put me on medication, it cleared up, but I did have scarring. I used a line of alpha hydroxy products when I was 20 called Neo Strata. I think it's only available by prescription in the U.S. I loved it, it's very similar to Pro Active and helped clear my scarring up. It does stop working after a while, and now I'm using Prevage by Elizabeth Arden - and it has taken years off of my face and has helped with some scarring too - LOVE IT!

I tend to have stress-related breakouts. I used Proactiv and ended up looking like a tomato! It turns out i have sensitive skin. The Murad line combined with a weekly steam cleaning turned out to work wonderfully for my skin.

I love proactive. My face is so clear I love it. I was so upset, I hardly had acne growing up but now it has been going crazy and nothing made it all go away till I used proactive. they also have a extra strength if the regular does not work for you.

Jo Ly said:
Ouch! Did it take long for your skin to calm down?

I have never heard of the Murad line, what is it? What's the price point like?

It took about 2 months for the redness and peeling to go away. It looked like a facial peel gone terribly wrong:sick:

Murad is by Howard Murad and I use the acne line. I use the gentle cleanser and the exfoliating acne treatment~about $22 each.

They sell it as a kit kinda like proactiv but I only use those two pieces from the line.

L1152106.jpg

funny story, I was in Bath & Bodyworks buying lotion and a really great SA saw me and recommended it. He had the same issue. He hgave me samples to try for a week and it began to work right away :yes: so I came back and bought it.

i used it before.. i guess it didn't match with my skin so i stopped using... i heard that once u use it, u really have to use it diligently if u want consistent positive results..

harlem_cutie said:
It took about 2 months for the redness and peeling to go away. It looked like a facial peel gone terribly wrong:sick:

Murad is by Howard Murad and I use the acne line. I use the gentle cleanser and the exfoliating acne treatment~about $22 each.

They sell it as a kit kinda like proactiv but I only use those two pieces from the line.

L1152106.jpg

funny story, I was in Bath & Bodyworks buying lotion and a really great SA saw me and recommended it. He had the same issue. He hgave me samples to try for a week and it began to work right away :yes: so I came back and bought it.

Thanks for the info. I have never seen this before and just may try to track it down in Toronto. The price sounds good too, VERY reasonable.

I think Pro-activ works but it depends on the person. It's pretty harsh but my best friend has beautiful skin from it. I had much better luck with the Rodan and Fields Calm Line