Any petite (short) lady with a 35 birkin--how do you like it?

I'm short, just shy of 5'0 and I wear a 36cm GP and 36cm B. I think that they are fab since they hold a lot of things. As much as I like my B30, I find that it fills out quickly even though I put less than 5 items in my bag.

It depends on the color too for the B36. A darker color would make it look smaller.

Yes, I agree, I saw a woman once use 35 for an evening party, and it looked awkward, as she is petite as well.

My friend, who is quite petite, carries only 35s, as she also uses them as day totes.

Personally, I like the look of the 30 better, as I am petite as well, but don't own one, so I can't opine as to the functionality. To me my 32 Kellys are a functional size, so yes, maybe a 32 or 33 B would be a great idea!

For a while I had both 30 Bs, 35 Bs, and 32 HAC. In the end I got rid of all 30Bs and kept 35B and 32HAC. I like the proportion of the 35 even though I am only 5'5. 30 to me is not practical as an evening bag without the hands free option but too small as a day time working tote. But I do find 35B very heavy with leather like Fjord, Clemence and etc. So my balance is now I have 35B in only Box, Tadalekt and exotics so it's much lighter and 32HAC in Chèvre. For fun outing, brunch and parties I use Constance, Kelly or clutches like Medor, Jige and etc.

Great thread!
I am 1m55 and have a 35B. It was my decision to buy the B in 35, because I really carry a lot of stuff with me, and when I run errands, I do like the versatility of a B, especially if I have A4 documents to bring with me. I admit that this bag is slightly big for my frame, but it is so elegant and so stylish, that it compliments me and doesn't overwhelm me. To me a 30 is too small for my needs and looks too much evening-like. If I were about to buy more Bs, I would get them all in size 35.

I must be some strange exception to the rule (maybe a bit of mystery too LOL) as I am 5'7" (170 cms) and a B 35 looks too big with me. When I carry it all you see is a bag, not me.
To this day I did not find out WHY, as many gals are more petite/less tall than me, but a 35 looks absolutely nice and proportioned with them.
I am thin, size 2 US/XS, but I am quite tall and not lanky, rather thin/athletic. I can not figure this out.
I had all sizes of bags- from B40, to B35s, HACs 32..... seems I settled for B30 and K28/25 being my "best" sizes.
I will repeat myself, but I always wished H would start making the in-between size so many women seem to need- B 32. I think that would THE winner, for me- personally.
I also learned all colours and skins visually "change" the size appearance of the bag. Black will make it look smaller, bright light colours will make it look larger. Rigid/selliér bags will look bigger than some softer shaped retourneé bags. Hence I always try to consider the color/skin/type of bag specs.

Hi, i am 156cm 46kg, i use size xs for tops and dresses. I love my b35 so much. When i first got it i thought it would be too big for my frame. But the more i use it the more i love it. B35 is a great tote bag where as the b30 is sometimes kinda look too formal. Here my pic with my b35 natural sable (i use 8cm heels on this pic tho), but without heels it still look great on me. Once again, b35 is supposed to be a tote bag anyway [emoji12]
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1432992512.016791.jpg

Hi, i am 156cm 46kg, i use size xs for tops and dresses. I love my b35 so much. When i first got it i thought it would be too big for my frame. But the more i use it the more i love it. B35 is a great tote bag where as the b30 is sometimes kinda look too formal. Here my pic with my b35 natural sable (i use 8cm heels on this pic tho), but without heels it still look great on me. Once again, b35 is supposed to be a tote bag anyway [emoji12]
View attachment 3013511

Love this pic!!!