Books & Music Any other legal download sites besides iTunes?

honu

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
OK I think I'm the only person that *doesn't* have an ipod!!! :wtf: I have a regular iRiver mp3 player which I use with mp3s that I converted from my CDs. As much as I like the ipod I just don't use my mp3 player enough to justify buying an ipod.

However there are some songs that I would like to download but do I have to have an ipod to download mp3s from iTunes? Is that the only legal downloading site out there?

TIA~~~

No, you do not need an ipod to use itunes. Anyone can buy songs off of it.

Amazon sometimes has free mp3, as does myspace (check the artist you're interested in page), you can buy a subscription to Napster, I know some radio stations sell songs on their webpages too.

Thanks for the recs!

I will look into rhapsody and napster and musicmatch. Now I can upload more songs into my mp3 player!

Oh and in case I *do* get an ipod, the mp3s from these sites will also work on the ipod?

I'd stay away from bear share as that installs a bunch of spyware..at least it used to.
If you want to "preview" music prior to your legal purchase, try www.slsknet.org. That's what I use and pretty much everything I've ever searched for, it's had.