Books & Music Any other guitarplaying TPFers? (other instruments/singing welcome as well!)

Guitar is like the one instrument i cannot play. I do play a LOT of other instruments though. I went to a performing arts highschool and and going to college for a double major in music and languages.

I can play cello (this is my first istrument, started in 2nd grade), piano, percusion (mostly keyboard 4/5/6 mallet), the clarinets and saxophones (its easy to play all of them once you learn the bohem fingering system), oboe and bassoon.

Guitar HURTS!

Yeah, it does :greengrin: Luckily I've already grown these hard areas in the tips of my left hand fingers so I don't feel anything anymore when I play.

Truth be told, I always thought I was hopeless when it came to music just because I couldn't read notes. I'm so happy to have found out that it isn't so! Jillybean, I really recommend at least trying guitar. :tup: For me it's been pretty easy so far, but I've been practicing like crazy!

i played the flute for seven years but i was never very good at it. i didn't practice enough....i was kind of forced to play the flute when what i really wanted to play was the trumpet, piano or cello. i've been flirting with the idea of taking up the cello as an adult....but i don't know that i have the time to devote to it that i should.

i also play guitar hero but i'm bad at that too. :smile:

i played the flute for seven years but i was never very good at it. i didn't practice enough....i was kind of forced to play the flute when what i really wanted to play was the trumpet, piano or cello. i've been flirting with the idea of taking up the cello as an adult....but i don't know that i have the time to devote to it that i should.

i also play guitar hero but i'm bad at that too. :smile:

I wish i could play flute. I just can;t get them embechoure correct (I love alto and bass flutes). cello does take a lot of time to learn but if you're willing to commit I say go for it. :tup:

does guitar hero count :shame:

I played clarinet and oboe in high school until my teacher made band no longer fun. I've toyed around with the idea of starting playing again, but I'm lazy. Tried real guitar and I just do not have the capacity to press all those stings and stuff!

Prada Psycho & Colin Jacobsen

attachment.php

Just in case it needs to be said, I'm the one on the left. ;)

Hmm, time to tune up Ole Bessie and run some scales. I'm sort of rusty what with having to nurse this body back to shape the past 15 months. :wtf:

i play no instruments, but i sing! haha my junior and senior year we did those superlative things, and both years i was picked as most likely to be the next recording artist, go me! anyways...:shame: my husband will play the guitar for me though :P i was in choir starting in kindergarten in church, and school it was 4th-12th grade :smile: ive entered 3 karaoke contests, and won all 3. ok ill shut up now.... :P