Any of you get eyebrows threaded at mall kiosks?

1. I've done it a few times and it's always been a hit or miss for me. It really depends on who you get. They've never totally butchered my brows or anything, but with some people it hurts a lot more. I guess it's all in the technique they use.
  2. I think it will definitely depend on who you are going to. That being said, it weirds me out when I walk by people getting it done at the mall. I am a pretty broke college kid, but I think I'm fine with paying $16 at my salon to lay back in a room alone with my waxer. Of course, thats just me.
  3. hello...I'm new here and my eyebrow doesn't shaped or put some etc. on it...It just natural eyebrow..
  4. I just can't get pass the fact that the person has the thread in their mouth:sad:
  5. Once and it hurt so much my eyes were watering - did not appreciate the on lookers... def go for a more private setting next time.
  6. I went once and it was a horrible experience!

The lady barely spoke English and I kept explaining to her how i wanted them done and what part not to thread. She was like "dont worry just sit and pull your skin" I was desparate though and in a different city.

She totally removed all the hair I spent the last three months growing out and I literally cried. My arch was flattened out and gone! Then she told me I look much better and that is how everyone has their eyebrows...I was like errm NO!

I prefer to go to a proper salon now bc i'm scared of the mall threaders. It's like everyone has become a threading expert all of a sudden as the actual method of using the thread to pull the hair is easy, it is the shaping and stuff that most end of getting wrong.
  7. i haven't had my brows threaded period but am seriously considering it . does it hurt?
  8. Yes - the kiosk I usually use is more of an semi-enclosed booth, so there is some privacy. I made sure to watch someone else first before I had my brows threaded there. Very friendly and professional staff - my brows are shaped exactly how I like them!
  9. i've done it a couple times. we have a few of those kiosks at the different malls here. i've tried two of them, and i liked the results. i did notice that i wasn't nearly as red as i usually am from waxing. and i like the price better! $12 vs $24 at the salon. i have yet to find somewhere/someone i truly love, though. i was spoiled before i moved, cause i had worked in the same salon for years and the girl who did my brows had been doing them the whole time i'd worked there.