Any issues with turnlocks "tarnishing"?

1. Hi everyone!

I took out my black Venetia from her dustbag the other day (after a few months sitting in my closet) and noticed that the hardware seemed "yellowish" like it was tarnishing - silver-toned hardware/pushlocks. I purchased the Venetia over 2 years ago from Nordstrom. I "polished" it using my dustbag and it looks much better now. Out of curiosity, I also took a peek at my Stella bag (which has also been in hibernation) and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the hardware.

Has anyone else experienced the same issues with silver-toned hardware? Is it really silver? I've always just thought that the hardware was "steel" or something to that effect.

I'm starting to think that I am just MJ cursed...

2. I haven't had any issues except with the hardware on a Prada bag that dulled over time, in it's dustbag. In this case polishing wouldn't help.

Hardware is always plated except for the rare item, Coach brass comes to mind. Plated metal can always tarnish. Polishing with a soft cloth is about all you can do. Some never need it. It's a good idea to keep an eye on things where the metal touches the leather-like a kisslock frame bag for instance- to make sure the metal hasn't discolored the leather.

3. SuLi, I don't have any problems with mine (even those from '02-'04) yet. Members gave these suggestions on tarnished MJ hardware.

4. I'm such a dunce...I just read my title and realize that I meant to write pushlocks instead of turnlocks...such a dummy!

Thanks for the advice. I'm glad to know that this is has happened to other people and not just my own bad luck!