any fur lovers? Hermes+fur my fav combo!

August in NYC - time to start looking at winter coats! I just purchased a version of this parka - for the third year in a row, I'm trying to pull off a fur parka. I have returned two so far, hoping the third is the charm. My other furs are dressier, love this luxe casual look, and will go perfectly with my Bs.

IMG_1471780801.671844.jpg

My store works with the designer so mine does not have the logo and the fur is just the hood and the lining down the front. That was a prior mistake for me - I always insisted on full fur lining. Toasty & more luxe - yes, and also much more bulky. Those of us gals who are not 5'10" may not be able to pull off a fully lined parka. I cannot!

Has anyone else made any new purchases? I would love to see more posts of what you all are planing for this winter! I am no fan of the reposts of these beautiful but very fake looking ladies who appear to live only for social media and what objects they own. I would prefer to see more of our own members and our own purchases and how we are actually enjoying them and less of these people. So let's get on it!

August in NYC - time to start looking at winter coats! I just purchased a version of this parka - for the third year in a row, I'm trying to pull off a fur parka. I have returned two so far, hoping the third is the charm. My other furs are dressier, love this luxe casual look, and will go perfectly with my Bs.

View attachment 3445532

My store works with the designer so mine does not have the logo and the fur is just the hood and the lining down the front. That was a prior mistake for me - I always insisted on full fur lining. Toasty & more luxe - yes, and also much more bulky. Those of us gals who are not 5'10" may not be able to pull off a fully lined parka. I cannot!

Has anyone else made any new purchases? I would love to see more posts of what you all are planing for this winter! I am no fan of the reposts of these beautiful but very fake looking ladies who appear to live only for social media and what objects they own. I would prefer to see more of our own members and our own purchases and how we are actually enjoying them and less of these people. So let's get on it!
That's a good point. Honestly I do like to browse around Instagram and I post what I see just because some others tend to like the posts. I hope this parka works out for you.

Reactions: doloresmia and BBC
That's a good point. Honestly I do like to browse around Instagram and I post what I see just because some others tend to like the posts. I hope this parka works out for you.

Thank you. I understand, of course, and yes, some of these women look amazing (and let's face it, some look ridiculous, come on lady on the stairs WHO does that??!?) It's just this is starting to look like the celebrities and Hermès thread. I would rather commiserate over purchases and comparatively realistic outfit-coordinating with my fellow TPFers than look at pictures of fake fantasy people. For that perhaps we can start another thread for H & Fur Insta-People. I'd rather know what YOU are putting together and enjoying! (Just don't do that weird stair knee pose. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23])

Thank you. I understand, of course, and yes, some of these women look amazing (and let's face it, some look ridiculous, come on lady on the stairs WHO does that??!?) It's just this is starting to look like the celebrities and Hermès thread. I would rather commiserate over purchases and comparatively realistic outfit-coordinating with my fellow TPFers than look at pictures of fake fantasy people. For that perhaps we can start another thread for H & Fur Insta-People. I'd rather know what YOU are putting together and enjoying! (Just don't do that weird stair knee pose. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23])
:lol:

Reactions: BBC

View attachment 3445532

Can we have a mod pic when your parka arrives please? I am trying hard to be good this year and not get anything new. So you may have to put up with me rotating my old pieces when the weather cools down.

Yes a good point made. Some pics I post are for the quality of the bag / fur rather than 'isn't this a well put together outfit'. Indeed some poses are comical.

Can we have a mod pic when your parka arrives please? I am trying hard to be good this year and not get anything new. So you may have to put up with me rotating my old pieces when the weather cools down.

Well, after my little rant I'm going to have to now, aren't I? [emoji3]Absolutely will do. I actually have the parka. The boutique is local, with a nice mix of classic and funky fur and cashmere pieces, and I like that they only order two or three of each coat so you don't see anyone else in it. If I have some time later I will put an outfit together for ideas - I'm certainly not going to be able to wear it out anytime soon! And your "old" pieces are stunning, definitely good for some drool-worthy photos!

Yes a good point made. Some pics I post are for the quality of the bag / fur rather than 'isn't this a well put together outfit'. Indeed some poses are comical.

When I see these pictures I really try to imagine how they happened. And who is taking the photo.