Any Car Gurus? Advice needed! (BMW)

1. :p Hey everyone! I sort of need help regarding cars.

I have a 2004 X5 and am planning to sell it so I can buy a new car. However, I'm waiting for a model that will not be out until the end of summer.

I hear that the new X5 will be out soon, and that it will have a face lift (I saw some pictures, and it does not look totally different from the current ones, but there still is a difference)

So~ I am currently receiving around 33~36K for this car. However, if the new 2008 X5 does come out, then will my car value drop a lot? If so, how much do car values usually drop if the car undergoes a face lift??

Since the model of the car that I want and the new 2008 X5 will be coming out around the same time, i'm thinking if the price will drop a lot, I will just sell the car now and use public transportation. However, if it will not drop a lot after the new model comes out, I want to keep it until the car that I want comes out..

Hopefully I'm making sense...

please help me, so I can make the right decision! :smile: Pretty please! :p

2. No one? No one can help me????? :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

3. Typically, it's a pretty consistent depreciation regardless of model changes.

4. edit: nevermind!

5. thank you soooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!

6. I would call your local BMW and ask them. It can maybe depend on your area??