Any brand of bags you won't buy for sure...

Before yesterday my answer would be Dooney & Bourke but I saw an older lady-60's-70's maybe at the post office carrying a DB in a sand color in a shape I can only descrive as a cross between an Ellipse and Alma and I must say it looked fabulous-classy and classic and I was shocked! Now I will give my answer as Louis Vuitton monogram (excluding denim) and multicolor-too many knockoffs out there-even the owner of the local UPS store I was in last week had a BH and I complimented her on it and she said "I paid $100 bucks for it-dont it look real?" and it in fact did on the outside...so sad!

Anything with an obvious logo.

I never understood this. Common business practice is to pay someone to endorse or advertise one's product. By buying/wearing mono, people are actually paying to advertise someone else's product?? It is with good reason corporations promote the whole mono-thing as the latest "must have" style ... :hrmm:

I'd love to hear reasons why as well!

I won't say never because that's a strong word. . . LOL!

It's unlikely I'll ever buy
Hermes - don't like their policy of who they'll sell to and why. . . too controlling and cold to me. I think their bags are okay, but they're not really my style.

D & B - outgrown it, I carried it in HS and it'll always remind me of being a teenager and carrying D & B

Coach - same reason as D & B

LV_addict said:
Not a fan of Coach, Burberry, Balenciaga, ANYTHING Juicy (not just bags). I would have said Prada but this season's collection is just GORGEOUS!!!

OK, here are my reasons:

Coach - not a fan of their fabric/patterns.
Burberry - it's like carrying around an unofficial flag of England.
Balenciaga - the style never appealed to me for some reason.
Juicy - overpriced for what it is.
Prada - their black nylon bags were too boring for my liking. I like color and funky styles!!! But the fall collection is TO DIE FOR!!!:love:

Coach- b/c why would i want a bag that 7, 8 & 9 yr olds are carrying around everywhere i go, the stigma of having a coach is definatley gone!!
D&B- too childish
Fendi- not my style
LV-again, not my style
prada- agreed that they are boring
juicy- too High school

other than that.......

seahorseinstripes said:
• chanel cambon line (and what's with the pink bag? ewww)
• juicy couture
• dooney & burke
• tod's (nothing against it, but i never liked this brand's bag)
• coach
• devi krolle

ok, so far, that's all :P

ok, my reasons :

chanel cambon : love their other style, but can't stand the cambon style, the style is very cheap. and with big CC logo, that's just too much! i also hated the colour combination, especially the pink one.

Dooney & Burke : Helloooo! you're imitating every other GREAT bag and make it look cheap. nothing's original.

Juicy couture : just not my style, and i also hated to see the track suits!

Tod's : nothing against it, but they're just boring. i love the shoes though

coach : never liked it

devi krolle : nothing's special, if i could get a hold of anaconda, i can make it my self

Prada nylon : boring, and NYLON?? for that price?

Anything logo: I actually have 2 logo bags, but i will never buy one again, and i'm trying to sell one

Any nylon/canvas: at least you fell you're getting something when you shell out $$ for leather designer bags. i have two canvas, and i won't buy again

Coach:
aside from the fact that i think it's overpriced, it's more of a "teenage brand" IMO

Dooney: seems to be either young girls or older women, plus it's logo

Chanel: i think most of the appeal is in the name because the bags aren't very interesting

LV: already have a mono Speedy, won't buy any more

Hermes: again, i think most of the appeal is in the name, it's way overpriced