Anushka Handbags......Fabulous!!!

The lotus bag has a black satiny type lining (not cotton, not shiny, think of the fabric that brides-maid dresses are made of, I can't think of the name of the fabric :s )

There is a hanging leather strap inside with a hook for keys, and a cell phone pocket inside as well as another open pocket next to it. There is also a zippered inside pocket. (as well as a "made in india tag" :supacool: )

Hope this helps....

Lg

Just another comment on the general look, feel and quality of the bag. I would compare the leather to mid-range non-designer purses such as Stone Mountain, Liz Cliaborne, etc. The fabric inside is synthetic and the overall workmanship is comparable with the price of the bag (not too shoddy, but not a top end designer look and feel)

Because of the quality of the leather, etc. I only use the bag as a bag within a bag, but that is just my quirk. (I like to use top end bags) The painted design is beautiful though.

Lg

i just found this thread and wanted to share that i ordered one today...it's called the fold over louchy hobo and i got it in the tribal lily pattern...very colorful, very different for me...i got it on sale at shopnbc.com and am waiting to see what it looks like irl...i hope i like it...i tried to post it here but couldn't...i don't know what i do wrong about posting pics..i c/p it to my pics and then tried to past it here, and it wouldn't let me...argh!

Hi, songofthesea! I know that pattern well. I am still a big fan of Anuschka bags and have three that I use quite a bit. And I most always get stopped by strangers to compliment the artistic value of the bag. And for anyone who is wondering if the paint wears off, they can rest assured that the paint lasts forever, as long as you aren't purposely scraping it off yourself. You'll love your bag, I know. Just to let you know, too, that when you first pull the bag out of the box it came in, you might think the leather is a little stiff, but it will not stay that way at all. Just use it a few times and the bag will soften right up.

Thanks compass! I canceled the order for that pattern and ordered the abstract pattern instead. Got it fom zappos on sale and the customer service there was amazing. Also shipping both ways is free. The pattern is called classic abstract. It was only 124.50 so I'll see how I like it!
Thanks again for sharing your experience of the bags!

i received the bag that i ordered from zappos...the leather was beautiful and the abstract print is gorgeous...it was just too small...fortunately, i found a larger sized bag in the abstract and it should be here tomorrow...the colors are vibrant and beautiful and i love it in the abstract print...i am surprised by how much i really loved the bag and can't wait to get it tomorrow!

i received the bag that i ordered from zappos...the leather was beautiful and the abstract print is gorgeous...it was just too small...fortunately, i found a larger sized bag in the abstract and it should be here tomorrow...the colors are vibrant and beautiful and i love it in the abstract print...i am surprised by how much i really loved the bag and can't wait to get it tomorrow!
I just want you to be as happy with your purse as I am with all of mine!

Hey, songofthesea! I most always wear mine all year round here in Florida. I have three in my possession now, and I have about 30 other bags in my entire collection, so I guess that makes Anuschka about one tenth of my entire "stable". I rotate all my bags quite a bit, and it's not unusual for me to change out a bag every single day, but sometimes I go for almost a week wearing the same bag. When I throw my Anuschkas into the big mix, I would say that each one gets worn at least every other week for a day or two. Doesn't that sound complicated????? Let's just say that they are never at the back of my closet. Ever. And I just saw two Anuschka sightings today, as I was out and about! Don't ever get the knockoff brands. They are not anywhere near the same.

Don't let your daughter dictate your taste. My best friend does that and her daughter has horrid taste so now she has an ugly lighthouse styled bathroom and she doesn't even like them! The worst is when she talks her into clothes that then end up never being worn as they are soo unflattering. I totally love my Anuschka bag as the colors are unbelievably vibrant and one of a kind. It is not busy at all and has only a couple of flowers and peacock feathers on it and is very cleverly designed which keeps even me organized. It is super soft and smells divine too. Then there is the fact that you are helping a bunch of women I believe - in India to support themselves.