Antigona: Small or Medium?

Robyn Loraine

Jan 14, 2010
Hey all,

I've become smitten by the Antigona! It's so chic and different from anything I own. I've been doing a bit of research but I'm a bit confused which size will be the best for me. I'm 5'4" (or 162 cm) and I'm not exactly looking for the bag to be enormous (the medium pandora is perfect for me). I also am really concerned about the shoulder strap being comfortable. Does anyone who owns the antigona, medium or small, have any idea what would be best? Those who have the small, is the shoulder strap comfortable? Do the handles bend downwards (so they aren't poking you)? If there's anyone who is lucky enough to own both sizes comparison pics would be AMAZING. TIA!

Hey all,

I've become smitten by the Antigona! It's so chic and different from anything I own. I've been doing a bit of research but I'm a bit confused which size will be the best for me. I'm 5'4" (or 162 cm) and I'm not exactly looking for the bag to be enormous (the medium pandora is perfect for me). I also am really concerned about the shoulder strap being comfortable. Does anyone who owns the antigona, medium or small, have any idea what would be best? Those who have the small, is the shoulder strap comfortable? Do the handles bend downwards (so they aren't poking you)? If there's anyone who is lucky enough to own both sizes comparison pics would be AMAZING. TIA!

I love the Antigona too and I'm 5'4" too! Go shorties!!! :lol:

I just tried the medium size this past weekend. I loved the size. The handles do stay up but didn't poke me. The shoulder strap is wide enough not to dig into your shoulder when you are carrying a load. I really liked to size of the medium on my frame. It holds a TON! I fit my ENTIRE Balenciaga City with contents inside into this bag! Felt great! I would say the small would be cute but I would likely find it too small of many daily purposes.

Hi~ I recently purchased a small size. I'm same height as you. The shoulder strap is a bit tighter and handle does fit right under your arm. I can throw tons of stuff in there and don't feel it's too small to hold

Hi~ I recently purchased a small size. I'm same height as you. The shoulder strap is a bit tighter and handle does fit right under your arm. I can throw tons of stuff in there and don't feel it's too small to hold

Does the handle ever poke you? I'm really the type that loves a bag that I can just throw over my shoulder and go (regardless of the size, I love crossbodys too). Do you feel you can do that with your small antigona? If you feel comfortable modelling pics of you holding your bag over the shoulder would be really awesome, for some reason websites only ever show people carrying them by hand or in the crook of their arm.

I love the Antigona too and I'm 5'4" too! Go shorties!!! :lol:

I just tried the medium size this past weekend. I loved the size. The handles do stay up but didn't poke me. The shoulder strap is wide enough not to dig into your shoulder when you are carrying a load. I really liked to size of the medium on my frame. It holds a TON! I fit my ENTIRE Balenciaga City with contents inside into this bag! Felt great! I would say the small would be cute but I would likely find it too small of many daily purposes.

Yay for shorties! :flowers: That's good to hear that the medium strap didn't cut into your arm. I always get so confused reading the different strap lengths on websites. I often tend to gravitate towards huge bags, the only reason I'm thinking not to this time is because after I get those huge bags I realize all I ever put in them is my wallet, keys, phone, lip balm, glasses case, and a mirror. I have a 3.1 Phillip Lim 31 hour bag and it is enormous. I've never filled it up! But I do like that the shoulder strap is comfortable on the medium antigona as you said. Do you have any pictures of you with your med antigona?

http://forum.purseblog.com/givenchy/antigona-similar-shape-to-speedy-772267.html#post22847364

Comparison pic. I'm looking to get one myself and i think i'm going to go for the medium as it can fit alot of stuff. The handles are not bendable as far as i know. They will stay under your armpit i think.

Thanks for the pic. Wow the size difference seems a lot more apparent when theyre right next to each other! The med seems like a good everything bag, but the small sure does look pretty cute. Decisions, decisions :thinking:

Yay for shorties! :flowers: That's good to hear that the medium strap didn't cut into your arm. I always get so confused reading the different strap lengths on websites. I often tend to gravitate towards huge bags, the only reason I'm thinking not to this time is because after I get those huge bags I realize all I ever put in them is my wallet, keys, phone, lip balm, glasses case, and a mirror. I have a 3.1 Phillip Lim 31 hour bag and it is enormous. I've never filled it up! But I do like that the shoulder strap is comfortable on the medium antigona as you said. Do you have any pictures of you with your med antigona?

Yeah, the strap is super comfy. I actually just ordered my med Antigona today, so I will have it by mid-week or later part of next week. I will certainly share pictures. I know the capacity of the medium will be perfect. I still need to carry some extra items for my 2 rugrats, like snacks, water bottle, jacket, etc. It can hold plenty. I would probably be fine with the small if I just had my stuff to worry about it. I did notice photos of the small on BlondeSalad...that blog site from the Italian fashion blogger. BUT the handles totally poke into your armpit...you can see in her shots.

Will do a reveal next week! WOOHOO!!!

Don't know if you saw this but I posted some pics wearing the medium on the shoulder if it helps!
http://forum.purseblog.com/givenchy...al-and-some-comments-754092.html#post22021785

Oh thank you. I saw that thread but I dont think I ever saw your modeling pics. Very lovely bag! I noticed you said that you still get some poking from the handles even on the medium size. Is that still the case? Do you just wear it pulled back to avoid the handles and also do you find that is uncomfortable at all because the bag is so big? TIA!

Hi~ I think this bag goes with everything. Dress up or dress down. By the way do you live anywhere like NYC? You can go to the store like Barney Saks fifth and NM to try in person. I personally believe if you are debating why don't you go to the store to try in person? One person opinion might be different from your own

Hi~ I think this bag goes with everything. Dress up or dress down. By the way do you live anywhere like NYC? You can go to the store like Barney Saks fifth and NM to try in person. I personally believe if you are debating why don't you go to the store to try in person? One person opinion might be different from your own

Unfortunately no where in my state sells Givenchy. We only have one Nordstrom with designer bags and it does not carry Givenchy. So I have to order online for everything.