Anthony Messenger - Do we love it?

TropicalGal

Jan 15, 2007
Hi Ladies! I'm contemplating an Anthony Messenger for handsfree moments, such as to slip into a suitcase for travel. Who has one, and, do you love it? Color? Worth the $$? How much can you fit in? Pros, cons? Thanks! :flowers:

I love mine! It's in choco darwin with a beige/sandy coloured strap. Comfy to wear and can fit my wallet phone, keys, thin packet of wipes for kids and a folded nappy!!! It's not particularly big but they have brought out a bigger version too if you need to carry more. Worth the money IMO. I wear mine messenger style only really as think it looks a bit silly on the shoulder with the wide webbing strap! If you wear alot of jeans I'd we wary of the oak as I imagine it could get colour transfer if it was rubbing on your leg. Hope this has helped. Will try and post modelling pic tomorrow if you want!

It's gorgeous - I've got one in chocolate for hubby for his birthday in December (I take it out every so often for a sniff!) but it would be great for a woman, too. My only concern about it as an everyday bag is that I've heard the canvas straps aren't particularly hardwearing but they can be replaced (at around £50 though :wtf:).

Here are the pics I took when it arrived:
Antony1.jpg

Antony2.jpg

Antony3.jpg

This is the old Antony (AW06/07) so it doesn't have the front pocket - I got it from the factory store last month.

Ditab-Hi is it possible to buy the straps on there own??
I have somerset hobo bag with short strap and would love this bag if only it had a longer strap, such as with the somerset satchel bag.
when i asked if it was possible to buy longer strap I was told No.
Would love to buy the longer mulberry webbed strap on its own,If you can help -would love to know :smile:

So which do I want -- an Anthony? or an Anthony messenger? Please advise!

Personally I'd go with the smaller antony as I think the proportions are better and to be honest i think the bigger one could be really heavy. i find heavy messenger bags uncomfortable on my shoulder. Will get dressed and do a modelling pic for you!

Ditab-Hi is it possible to buy the straps on there own??
I have somerset hobo bag with short strap and would love this bag if only it had a longer strap, such as with the somerset satchel bag.
when i asked if it was possible to buy longer strap I was told No.
Would love to buy the longer mulberry webbed strap on its own,If you can help -would love to know :smile:

tara the Antony strap is stitched onto the d-ring so wouldn't be any use to you. What you could try is the strap on the Seth as it is removable.

tara the Antony strap is stitched onto the d-ring so wouldn't be any use to you. What you could try is the strap on the Seth as it is removable.

Tara - Jo is right. If the strap on the Antony needed replacing, I'd have to drop it off at the Mulberry repairs department, I wouldn't be able to do it myself.

The Seth strap should be OK for you but you'll have to tell Mulberry you need a replacement strap for your Seth bag as they don't like you to change the original straps on bags as it alters the design :rolleyes: