answers to AUTHENTICITY questions!!!

Hello all!! I have been looking at vachetta bags and I'm seeing 2 different creeds. One is stamped and says the bag is made from "milled vegetable tanned vachetta" (sorry, but now I can't locate a picture) and one that's printed in gold and says "hand crafted from the finest materials"View attachment 3328324(borrowed picture). Did they use 2 different style creed patches?

Creeds are only comparable to other creeds for the same STYLE NUMBER, plant, month and year.

They used a LOT of different style creed patches and had a LOT of different vachetta bags, Again, only compare exactly the same style, month, plant and year

Although I can't quite read the creed, this listing (maybe soon-to-be-removed) is a fake but it's an easy one for a novice to miss. I can see the C plant and 6371 style but it looks like just a single character before the C.

Seller meemawsantiques

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-C...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I will be able to post the pictures tomorrow morning. The creed in my bag looks much more realistic till you read it.

Here are the pictures of the fake 6371, so perhaps others will be able to see the differences before purchase.

As always please ask the authenticators, I shouldn't have had any doubts that this one was fake, I guess when I got it I didn't look at it much, I appreciated the gift but was not really my style.

The tassel looks like home made, the cheap liner, the "made of leather, etc..... gosh!

dd38637f-f90e-404f-8300-7de662f6a15c_zpsyecvk889.jpg

IMG_9817_zpsgiupf4ey.jpg

IMG_9819_zpskneeolua.jpg

IMG_9821_zps7qkwma3c.jpg

Here are the pictures of the fake 6371, so perhaps others will be able to see the differences before purchase.

As always please ask the authenticators, I shouldn't have had any doubts that this one was fake, I guess when I got it I didn't look at it much, I appreciated the gift but was not really my style.

The tassel looks like home made, the cheap liner, the "made of leather, etc..... gosh!

dd38637f-f90e-404f-8300-7de662f6a15c_zpsyecvk889.jpg

IMG_9817_zpsgiupf4ey.jpg

IMG_9819_zpskneeolua.jpg

IMG_9821_zps7qkwma3c.jpg
Other red flags are the unmatched Cs at the seam, the wrong lining, the uneven shape of the creed patch, and problems with the font.

Other red flags are the unmatched Cs at the seam, the wrong lining, the uneven shape of the creed patch, and problems with the font.

Yes, plenty! All details to keep on mind when looking at possible buys (or sales if you are an honest seller).

I am so glad about this forum and the awesome, knowledgeable and patient ladies that help others like me. Never enough thanks! :ty:

Hi all!! So, I'm on this vachetta bag kick and love the legacy stripe lining. Does one often see a difference in the way the stripes match up in real vs fake legacy lined bags? Would the stripes match all the way across the lining?

Hi all!! So, I'm on this vachetta bag kick and love the legacy stripe lining. Does one often see a difference in the way the stripes match up in real vs fake legacy lined bags? Would the stripes match all the way across the lining?
They don't match stripes/colors on the lining. It would waste too much fabric.

In fakes with striped lining, the colors are often off and/or the order of colors is wrong.

On mine, the stripe colors don't match at the seams but the stripe edges do. A stripe might be brown on one side of the seam and green on the other, but the edges of the stripes match. The pocket stripes don't match the background fabric stripes, either in color or by the edges of each stripe, and it would be impossible because of the pleat in the pocket.

A lot of fakes have fabric with the wrong texture, sort of a cotton rather than silky.

On mine, the stripe colors don't match at the seams but the stripe edges do. A stripe might be brown on one side of the seam and green on the other, but the edges of the stripes match. The pocket stripes don't match the background fabric stripes, either in color or by the edges of each stripe, and it would be impossible because of the pleat in the pocket.

A lot of fakes have fabric with the wrong texture, sort of a cotton rather than silky.

I figured there was some detail to it. The colors don't match, but the edges do, but not on the pockets. Thank you!!

Yes, plenty! All details to keep on mind when looking at possible buys (or sales if you are an honest seller).

I am so glad about this forum and the awesome, knowledgeable and patient ladies that help others like me. Never enough thanks! :ty:

Also, unless my screen is fooling me and that T's upper part in the word CRAFTED is too short, it says CRANED?

Just to add new information to a previous discussion of style 11786 -

Last year we talked about a fake using style number 11786 which belongs only to a Vachetta Duffle, see post 1352.
http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-sh...enticity-questions-94198-91.html#post29046318

The fake was the wrong color (reddish-orange) and the wrong shape, a Tote rather than a Duffle. Another fake with the same number has turned up with slightly different details like pattern design and placement, center seam, outside pockets and others. Here's a link to the discussion at today's Authenticate This Coach thread:

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach-sh...-before-posting-889527-1007.html#post30259160

To repeat - style 11786 ONLY came in a Duffle style, ONLY came in natural-color Vachetta leather, and although very close fakes using the right body shape and leather color have also been found, the tiny details of the stitching and embossing should be the same as the genuine bags. There can be small differences in pattern placement of the Cs, but shouldn't be any major differences. The different ones aren't samples, they're fakes.