~~ Another remake in the works: Steel Magnolias ~~

1. This movie is probably in my top 20 best of all time list. There are some movies that just absolutely can't be remade and this is one of them.

Next we'll see somebody talking about remaking the Wizard of Oz or Gone with the Wind.
  2. Exactly
  3. this is how you tell Hollywood is running out of ideas. Steel Magnolias is one of my top 10 favorite movies. You CANNOT replicate the dynamics of each character, no matter how hard they try.

Ouiser Boudreaux is a classic, can't nobody do it better! " I'm not crazy, I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years!"
  4. I'm on the 'don't know why they feel the need to remake it' bandwagon....Leave well enough alone!
  5. Sounds like they kept most of the original dialogue. Alfre is playing Ouiser, Phylicia is playing Clariee, Queen is playing Ma'lin. Who is playing the daughter?
  6. I didn't recognize the actress playing Shelby so she may be new.
  7. I noticed the name of an actress with the name Coneualo (?) Rashad, so maybe it's Phylicia's daughter.
  8. Not gonna lie, the previews kind of looked good. Not sure if that is because of the cast or because I love the original. Can't say I will make it a point to watch when it first airs but I am sure they will replay it a bajillion times so I will catch it then I am sure.
  9. I can't stop comparing to the original. So far I wish they left it alone

Acting is horrible
  10. me too!!!!!! and queen latifah is sooo manly, I do not see her in the Motherly role.

This movie is like if they made an all white Color Purple! Sacrilege!
  11. I can't believe they have Queen Latifah playing Sally Field's character...
  12. I'm not even gonna watch it now! Thanks.

Please don't give Hollywood any ideas....
  13. They said on Wendy they shot it in 18 days; it shows.