Another Red Elisha Question

1. Hello!

I've been lurking here for a little while and thought it's time I introduce myself and make a post. I have a serious handbag addiction. (I guess we all do or we wouldn't be here!).

Anyway, I just bought a red Elisha from lninos on eBay. I love the bag, but there are a number of (probably about a dozen) minor scratches on the bag. I'm certain I did not put them there myself as I have been very careful when handling the bag. Would you find these scratches acceptable; is this pretty normal for this bag in new condition? Or would you email lninos about this? I guess I wouldn't have a problem with it if this had been disclosed in the auction. In all honesty, it probably will get a few scratches with normal use, so maybe they are not a big deal. But it would have been nice to know that's the condition. What do you think?

Thanks for your advice!
  2. Welcome!

Can you post a few pictures?
  3. I bought a red Elisha from the same seller last week and am faced with a somewhat similar situation. I expected a brand new bag and the bag didn't look new when I received it. It looked dirty and also had minor scratches. I too wished that it was disclosed in the auction. I contacted the seller and I'm returning it. Some of the experts here mentioned that it is the distressed nature of the bag that makes it look that way. The seller said she received the bag from Kooba directly as a new bag, and most probably she is telling the truth (everyone here had good experience with her). Someone might have used it and then returned it to Kooba :tdown:.

Hope it works out for you.

4. I have bought several from Lninos and she is a very good seller, probably one of the best on eBay. If you got it in that condition, I'm sure that's how she got it from Kooba. Were they big marks? Or something that could have been done in normal handling? I have read that the red Elisha has sort of a distressed leather. Good luck and I'm sure she will take care of you... :smile:
  5. Hi,

Thanks for your help. Here are some pics. There is narrative under some of them. If this is part of the normal distressing of this bag I don't want to make an issue of it and can live with it. I just don't know what is normal and acceptable or if these are excessive.
  6. I can assure you that Lninos would never sell a used bag unless she stated so. I'm sure this is how the bag came to Lninos. Mine has markings similar to those but not when new (I also got my bag from Lninos) and with use it will pick up more markings. If you are not happy with the bag simply write her and tell her of your wish to return it. She will not be a problem to deal with.