Another Marcie color quandary... Maple Leaf IRL?

Aug 14, 2011
Alas, I am on a color quest for the perfect Marcie, and Chloe and their mind-boggling colors are messing with my head again! :panic:

The newest color that is driving me crazy is Maple Leaf. Has anyone seen this in stores yet? I so love Coral but it seems to be sold out companywide in the small satchel w/ strap and in certain photos Maple Leaf looks like a pretty alternative!

Is it cool? Warm? Pink-y? Rust-y? Brick-y red? Any intel out there? Here's the array of depictions online I found:

Neiman Marcus:
neiman.jpg

Selfridges:
selfridges.jpg

Luisviaroma:
luisviaroma.jpg

******:
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5739/******.jpg
MyTheresa:
mytheresa.jpg

Pic Shari posted from Chloe Boutique:
shari.jpg

I haven't seen Maple Leaf in person, but after looking at those pics I completely relate to your frustration. They look like different, individual colors to me.

Seems like this may be one of those chameleon shades that changes under different lighting conditions, or when paired with certain colors.

Honestly, I have felt this way about a lot of the Chloe colors. When you look at pics of them online, they really vary greatly! It looks like a great color regardless, maybe you could ask Erica at HG for more pics or to help describe the color to you?! :smile:

I know! It's so mystifying. Whatever special pigments or whatever Chloe uses in their leather sure as heck do a great job of morphing into colors all over the spectrum! :girlsigh:

In Erica's description, she describes it as a "Brick Red," but hers is the only photo of the bunch that is that brick-like and that red. I'm looking for something softer than that so I guess I'm just holding out hope that it looks closer to any of the other pictures!

Good news is that I'll be in Vegas next week, so I hope that the Chloe boutique there has it in stock still! :biggrin: If so, will try to take spy pics!

Wow - five different pics...five different shades! I think PurseLoveSF is right - the way the colors morph, it's almost like Chloe has mood leather bags that change color like mood rings!

I would almost think Erica's pic would be the closest to what I would think of when hearing maple leaf - just thinking of the maple tree in my front yard and the vibrant reddish/orange that the leaves turn in the fall.

I hope you get to see it in person in Vegas...definitely let us know how it looks!

Alas, I am on a color quest for the perfect Marcie, and Chloe and their mind-boggling colors are messing with my head again! :panic:

The newest color that is driving me crazy is Maple Leaf. Has anyone seen this in stores yet? I so love Coral but it seems to be sold out companywide in the small satchel w/ strap and in certain photos Maple Leaf looks like a pretty alternative!

Is it cool? Warm? Pink-y? Rust-y? Brick-y red? Any intel out there? Here's the array of depictions online I found:

Neiman Marcus:
neiman.jpg

Selfridges:
selfridges.jpg

Luisviaroma:
luisviaroma.jpg

******:
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/5739/******.jpg
MyTheresa:
mytheresa.jpg

Pic Shari posted from Chloe Boutique:
shari.jpg

:wave: girrrrllll, looks like we've both been bitten by the chloe bug!! hehe i've been lurking around here too!! and checkin out all the new fall 2012 colors. the pics posted w/ the mod shots by Shari seems to be pretty accurate... what do u think?? it looks just a tad more on the orange side than coral, but gorgeous nonetheless!!! u thinkin about a marcie or will this be ur second? third? one??? :P

Okay... I saw it in person, and it is not what I was looking for at all. Definitely a medium-shade bricky-red with a slight orange undertone. Not as beautiful IMO to some of Chloe's other red shades, like Poppy, Garnet, and Fetish Red. This was kind of an in-between shade, like it couldn't decide what color it wanted to be and so it ends up being neither, if that makes any sense! :wacko:

I actually ended up deciding that Coral wasn't for me really either (they had the Hobo). I think it just goes to show that you HAVE to see these colors IRL because Chloe's colors are very complex and photos never quite paint the perfect picture like true life does!

I DID, however, validate my love for Ochre! I just knew that I'd love it! :loveeyes: It's soooooo pretty, the perfect neutral. Tan has always been too dark for me, and Nut is too cool and taupe. I was bummed when I was first doing my research in Marcies that my dream color from everyone's photos was "Wood." I just thought ever finding one on the Bonz or anywhere was a lost cause.

But Ochre is strikingly similar! It's a soft, camel-y color, just a touch deeper than Shari's intel pics, which I was hoping for. Really, really pretty. I think I've found my perfect Marcie color! Now to take the plunge or not... :thinking:

PurseLoveSF said:
Okay... I saw it in person, and it is not what I was looking for at all. Definitely a medium-shade bricky-red with a slight orange undertone. Not as beautiful IMO to some of Chloe's other red shades, like Poppy, Garnet, and Fetish Red. This was kind of an in-between shade, like it couldn't decide what color it wanted to be and so it ends up being neither, if that makes any sense! :wacko:

I actually ended up deciding that Coral wasn't for me really either (they had the Hobo). I think it just goes to show that you HAVE to see these colors IRL because Chloe's colors are very complex and photos never quite paint the perfect picture like true life does!

I DID, however, validate my love for Ochre! I just knew that I'd love it! :loveeyes: It's soooooo pretty, the perfect neutral. Tan has always been too dark for me, and Nut is too cool and taupe. I was bummed when I was first doing my research in Marcies that my dream color from everyone's photos was "Wood." I just thought ever finding one on the Bonz or anywhere was a lost cause.

But Ochre is strikingly similar! It's a soft, camel-y color, just a touch deeper than Shari's intel pics, which I was hoping for. Really, really pretty. I think I've found my perfect Marcie color! Now to take the plunge or not... :thinking:

Plunge! Plunge! :P Seriously though, you definitely can't go wrong with a Chloe neutral, and it sounds like Ochre is perfect.

:wave: girrrrllll, looks like we've both been bitten by the chloe bug!! hehe i've been lurking around here too!! and checkin out all the new fall 2012 colors. the pics posted w/ the mod shots by Shari seems to be pretty accurate... what do u think?? it looks just a tad more on the orange side than coral, but gorgeous nonetheless!!! u thinkin about a marcie or will this be ur second? third? one??? :P

Plunge! Plunge! :P Seriously though, you definitely can't go wrong with a Chloe neutral, and it sounds like Ochre is perfect.

eehlers! cee! Omg. The Chloe boutique in Las Vegas is like a Chloe sensory explosion of gorgeousness. I've never seen a selection this extensive, even in San Francisco (no Chloe boutique, just NM and Saks).

They had Marcies and Paratys in all the current and fall colors and the SAs were just pulling dust bags and dust bags of more colors from the back. I was like crazy Chloe handbag lady with two Paratys on one arm and three Marcies on the other at a time. Chloe HEAVEN! :faint::faint::faint:

I definitely did some Paraty-scoping, and they had Lychee, which is the color I had been stalking online! It was so, so gorgeous. The perfect pink with just a touch of mauve. Omg, I want a Marcie AND a Paraty! What do I do? Ahhhh :panic::girlwhack:

And it just got more complicated because I've fallen in love with another.... the Elsie!! Omg, I never liked this style from pics online, but IRL gorge, gorge, gorge! They had an Ivory satchel w/ rose gold HW that I'm officially enamored with, and I tried on an Elsie apricot-colored python shoulder bag also w/ RGHW that was so beyond my price range, but quite possibly the most beautiful bag I've ever seen in life!

And cee, this would be my first, whatever I end up getting! I've just been stalking for a really long time and I go kind of insane and obsessive researching on tPF beforehand!

eehlers! cee! Omg. The Chloe boutique in Las Vegas is like a Chloe sensory explosion of gorgeousness. I've never seen a selection this extensive, even in San Francisco (no Chloe boutique, just NM and Saks).

They had Marcies and Paratys in all the current and fall colors and the SAs were just pulling dust bags and dust bags of more colors from the back. I was like crazy Chloe handbag lady with two Paratys on one arm and three Marcies on the other at a time. Chloe HEAVEN! :faint::faint::faint:

I definitely did some Paraty-scoping, and they had Lychee, which is the color I had been stalking online! It was so, so gorgeous. The perfect pink with just a touch of mauve. Omg, I want a Marcie AND a Paraty! What do I do? Ahhhh :panic::girlwhack:

And it just got more complicated because I've fallen in love with another.... the Elsie!! Omg, I never liked this style from pics online, but IRL gorge, gorge, gorge! They had an Ivory satchel w/ rose gold HW that I'm officially enamored with, and I tried on an Elsie apricot-colored python shoulder bag also w/ RGHW that was so beyond my price range, but quite possibly the most beautiful bag I've ever seen in life!

And cee, this would be my first, whatever I end up getting! I've just been stalking for a really long time and I go kind of insane and obsessive researching on tPF beforehand!

Sure sounds like heaven! :smile: I was at the Saks in SF today but, didn't see the Maple leaf there. Did you get to see it? Which of the pics above does it look like? I have a wallet in Coral and it's a really beautiful color.

PurseLoveSF said:

Holy crap, PLSF!!! That sounds like heaven!! I was in Vegas back in May and purposely stayed away as I thought the temptation would be far too great - I wish I had gone now! All those bags and colors [sigh]. Lychee sounds gorgeous and Paraty always looks so amazing in the lighter shades.

I'm so glad that you had so much fun, and I totally understand all the research. I did the same. It's a big investment, so it's always good to check out all your options!

I'm now off to check out the Elsie!!

Sure sounds like heaven! :smile: I was at the Saks in SF today but, didn't see the Maple leaf there. Did you get to see it? Which of the pics above does it look like? I have a wallet in Coral and it's a really beautiful color.

It's so odd because I feel like it didn't look like any of them! I would say it's a combination of the Selfridges and the ******... it's not pink at all or soft like some of the other photos. It has definite slight orange tones. Definitely prefer the coral between the two! :biggrin:

Holy crap, PLSF!!! That sounds like heaven!! I was in Vegas back in May and purposely stayed away as I thought the temptation would be far too great - I wish I had gone now! All those bags and colors [sigh]. Lychee sounds gorgeous and Paraty always looks so amazing in the lighter shades.

I'm so glad that you had so much fun, and I totally understand all the research. I did the same. It's a big investment, so it's always good to check out all your options!

I'm now off to check out the Elsie!!

Here's the exact Elsie I'm looking at... SO impractical, I know:

chloeelsie.jpg

chloeelsiemod.jpg

It's so ladylike and feminine, yet it still has a slouch to it that I love. I'm also a sucker for rose gold HW on anything. I am smitten! :love: It's definitely a lady's bag, and my work is pretty conservative too. I'm more a skirts and dresses girl than a jeans girl, so denim transfer isn't too much of a concern, but obviously I think this bag in this color would be much more high maintenance than a neutral Marcie.

If I could just hit it big at the slots while I'm here in LV, I would buy all three: an Ochre Marcie, a Lychee Paraty, and an Ivory Elsie! :lol:

Here's the exact Elsie I'm looking at... SO impractical, I know:

chloeelsie.jpg

chloeelsiemod.jpg

It's so ladylike and feminine, yet it still has a slouch to it that I love. I'm also a sucker for rose gold HW on anything. I am smitten! :love: It's definitely a lady's bag, and my work is pretty conservative too. I'm more a skirts and dresses girl than a jeans girl, so denim transfer isn't too much of a concern, but obviously I think this bag in this color would be much more high maintenance than a neutral Marcie.

If I could just hit it big at the slots while I'm here in LV, I would buy all three: an Ochre Marcie, a Lychee Paraty, and an Ivory Elsie! :lol:

Wow - that's gorgeous!!!! I love it. It likely would be more high maintenance, but given that you don't wear lots of denim, it could be perfect! And, I agree, the rose gold hardware is stunning against that color! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the slots are friendly to you - what a tough choice!!

I really want to get a cream colored bag as well. I'm thinking that once my 2012 ban is over, I may check out getting a light colored Marcie hobo. LOL - I'm already plotting a purchase that likely won't happen for another 9 months!! :giggles:

Wow - that's gorgeous!!!! I love it. It likely would be more high maintenance, but given that you don't wear lots of denim, it could be perfect! And, I agree, the rose gold hardware is stunning against that color! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the slots are friendly to you - what a tough choice!!

I really want to get a cream colored bag as well. I'm thinking that once my 2012 ban is over, I may check out getting a light colored Marcie hobo. LOL - I'm already plotting a purchase that likely won't happen for another 9 months!! :giggles:

I'm SO with you eehlers! I got my first premier designer bag this year (black medium Paraty) and am now stalking the small or medium Marcie satchel hard!! I think the shape is just lovely. Since I have my classic black bag I'm going for a lighter neutral next. It's nice to know someone else is out there with the same goal/obsession...hehe. BTW, just love your rock Paraty (it was the other color I was considering). Your pics of her are amazing!