Another Lawsuit Against Ebay For Allowing Fakes To Be Sold On Their Site!!!

1. We have all been expressing frustration at the growing number of scams, picture theft, and fakes being sold on eBay. Louis Vuitton and Tiffany seem to be complaining the loudest out of the big designers, but we all know how outrageous the number of Balenciaga scams seen on eBay are getting as well.

In the October 9, 2006 issue of Business Week Magazine, there is an interesting article regarding the latest lawsuit brought against eBay in attempt to stop this growing problem. LVMH or Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, has brought their newest lawsuit to the courts of Paris on behalf of the counterfeits of their brands Louis Vuitton, Fendi, and Dior.

Of course the skeptism on whether this will do anything still remains, but the percentage of fakes they estimate (under 10% of items sold as authentic actually turn out to be real) being sold is shocking! LVMH is hoping their latest lawsuit may have a better outcome than similar suits brought to court elsewhere, because France seems to be much more strict than any other country when it comes to anti-counterfeiting laws. In fact it's not just the seller's that need to beware in France, simply owning a fake LV or Balenciaga (or any other designer) handbag is punishable by a fine of twice the value of a geniune bag!

I bring this up only because my frustration regarding ebay and paypal have been echoed by so many of you. I don't feel that ebay or paypal can justify the fees they charge, unless they can clean up these issues among other's, such as better protection once a buyer is scammed!