Another fabulous ferro -- my FIRST BV! Long to follow

1. Hello there!

This is my first post as a BV owner although I’ve been lurking for quite some time -- learning lots from all of you and admiring all your beautiful bags. I became especially enchanted with blugenie’s “fabulous ferro” and decided a Pyramid should be my first BV. And then, jane’s modeling pics really sealed the deal.

But I faced two challenges:
    1. First, I live in Canada where no BV boutiques are to be found. Having heard that the ferro Pyramids were practically sold out around the world, I didn’t have high hopes of finding one.
    2. Next, I had to cajole DH into letting me buy yet another bag (as I had already purchased a couple of Balenciagas, a Chanel, a Gucci, and a small MJ in the last 6 months). I do have a job and my own shopping funds, but DH and I have joint financial goals. Of late, I haven’t been contributing as much as I should. :p
    So, last week I set off to visit the one and only high-end department store (Holt Renfrew) in my city. As I wandered through the handbag department, I was momentarily distracted by new arrivals in Balenciaga and Prada…until an SA approached me and asked if I was looking for anything. We started towards the BV area. From a distance, I could see…
    …some Venetas (in ebano, noce, and carmine)…
    …a couple of Montaignes (in nero and camel?)…
    …other intrecciato styles…
    …and lo and behold…
    …a ferro Pyramid! :nuts:

Was it possible that I just found the bag of my dreams in this fashion wasteland that is my hometown? Surely, this was meant to be! After spending many minutes stroking its buttery woven loveliness, and practically dancing in front of the mirror, I realized that I couldn’t bring the bag home with me just yet. For I was still faced with challenge #2 -- convincing my DH.

The lovely SA agreed to hold the Pyramid for me for two days and she even found another (pristine and untouched!) in the stockroom.

So, to make an already long story shorter, I went home and negotiated with DH that if I can buy the Pyramid now, I would not buy another handbag until I am 45 years old! :crybaby:
    I am in my late 30s so this will create a very LONG and DRY spell. But I must admit I already have a little handbag collection perfect for my needs. Perhaps it’s time that I rise to my own challenge and try putting my money towards other indulgences, like travel, jewellery, or even a future vacation home. But at the same time, both DH and I know this will be an extremely difficult challenge as I’m a total handbag fiend, so we may not hold me to it too literally (I hope).

I really L:heart:VE my ferro Pyramid and can't wait to take her out for a night on the town!

Thank you for letting me share my story. I will take pics and post them soon. Maybe DH will even take modeling pics for me.

PS: The price for my Pyramid was CDN$2730 compared to US$1980. Holt's has a huge mark-up because a lot of luxury brands are exclusive to them in Canada. But after factoring shipping, duty, and taxes -- and that's only if I can find the bag elsewhere -- I think the price difference might not be as big. At least that's what I'm telling myself. ;)
  2. How wonderful to find your dream bag in your own city! We must have photos! It sounds like a bag well worth having to go on a total bag ban.
  3. Cornetto, what a lovely story! Thank you for sharing! Congratulations on your Ferro pyramid - the color is so rich and luscious!! Please do share with us pics (the more the better, and action pics please!!).
  4. :nuts::yahoo::party::drinkup:

Congrats on finding your Ferro Pyramid!! Isn't it just wonderful? I'm so enchanted with Ferro :drool: Love your story too and your DH sounds like he understands your bag obsession enough that even 1-2 years of a bag-ban may show substantial good faith... it sounds like you have a lovely collection and the Ferro Pyramid was the icing on the cake!

Enjoy and can't wait to see your pics!
  5. ooooooooh. I love the pyramid bag....and in ferro?!?! so good! can't wait for pics
  6. woohoo! i'm so glad you were able to convince DH to let you get this bag! ferro is such an amazing color!!!

can't wait to see pics!
  7. Woweee!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

What a great story...I'm so thrilled for you! It was meant to be!!!

Congratulations on your Ferro please.:woohoo:
  8. C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!!!
    I am soooo happie for you! Its an awesome buy! You will enjoy it!
    Please do share action pics!
  9. I'm so happy for you!!! Isn't it exciting to see the EXACT bag you were looking for just waiting for you on the shelf? I can't wait to see pics...I can't get enough of ferro bags!
  10. Ah... first of all, I must say you are not very wise here :graucho:.... this deal will never work out and you must have known that! You'll never be able to wait that long to get your next BV.... not that you'll get tired of your Pyramid, it's just that one never gets enough BVs !!! When you carry your gorgeous Pyramid, be conscious and feeeeel the leather on the whole of your arm - buttery soft, like a second skin.... (....sighs in contentment).

Welcome to our world, the world of BVs :heart:.

Seems like the Pyramid is destined for you.... Enjoy her for life!

P/S : Gosh, that price was high, isn't it and I was lamenting on the high price of BVs in Singapore!
  11. What a sweet story to start off the morning in the office, sure put a smile on my face. Thank you for sharing your joy with us, Cornetto (that was my fav ice cream growing up ;)). Many congrats to your first BV. You sound like a real sweet lady and I can't wait to see your pics!

On aside, I'm glad the BV board is getting active again. Keep it up. :smile:
  12. :yahoo:

What a cute story. Your Ferro Pyramid and you were meant to be, Cornetto! Be sure to post pics soon!!
  13. Congrats!! I can't wait to see pics and I'm glad I could serve in some way as motivation for you! I love my pyramid.
  14. What a great story - and welcome from another BV newbie in Canada. It is frustrating not having anywhere besides Holts (at least that I can find) to visit and obsess in person... And the prices here are totally insane - I ended up going to eBay instead to satisfy my BVcraving which is of course much riskier but so far so good (one received, one to go).
  15. This is such a sweet story and Cornetto, I'm sure you will love this bag more and more. You must commemorate the occasion with action pics. Can't wait!