Another bag collaboration?

Oh yeah, if a child chooses something that's "girly" or "boyish" you can't deny him or her... that can always cause problems later on.

Buuuut I think if I had a boy and he wanted all the things in this box I'm saving, I'd call my brother and be like, "You're gonna be taking little _____ to the gay pride parade with you, 'kay?" Hehehe. :wlae:

Maya, I know where you're coming from- I grew up on Sanrio too.
I agree with the "Bring Back Tuxedo Sam" campaign! I'm wondering where Pickebicke went. He was the BEST character Sanrio ever had- Kimi Kamaleen was second (anyone remember her?).
Pickebicke and SANDy together? My head would spin.

You are right Maya...My Melody really isn't the same. There is something different about her. I also miss Pippo the piggy. I was obsessed with him and with Keroppi for a very long time. I had all things Keroppi. I kept everything! The tin purses they made, stationary, stamps, stickers, hair clips etc. I couldn't part with it either! I am sure the stamps are all dried out by now :s

sparklyseahorse: PickeBicke... That was the mouse with purple ears and tan body right? I have to admit Kimi was one of my least favorite characters, along with Spottie Dottie...

TokiXtina: I have a few Keroppi things... The main thing is a ceramic coin bank that I love.

Most of my saved things are Pochacco. He was my faaaaaaaaavorite. Every Christmas I used to get Pochacco stuff!!

Is Kimi Kamaleen the turtle? She's so cute.

I used to have Tuxedo Sam puzzle. When I was younger, I was into various Sanrio characters (Ahiru no Pekkle, Twin Stars, My Melody). Now though I find myself only interested in HK stuffs. I collected HK plushies mostly, but I have a shirt, a few bags and some jewelry also. I don't think I will ever stop loving HK.

My family is from Guam and they didn't really have any Sanrio Stores here in TX so my aunt use to ship me bunches of Sanrio stuff! Like a care package. Everyone always wanted my stuff haha. It made me feel special.

I didn't like Spottie Dottie either...I once got a bunch of her stuff and was like :confused1:!!!! My 2 cousins and I each had our own characters...I was Keroppi, one was Hello Kitty and the other was Pochacco. I kinda grew away from Keroppi and started leaning more towards HK.

Fun Quiz: This is another favorite character, and one I think has the Tokidoki "look". And it is....
SweetCoron.gif

I had some HK stuff when I was little, but my favorite has always been Badtz-Maru, since he was introduced. My sister liked the blue angel HK stuff. I have a couple Chococat things..and some Keroppi and Pochacco and Pekkle, but mostly Badtz. I got my boyfriend a Pandapple plush months ago, because Pandapple is awesome & I like Tenorikuma.
There was also a Sanrio store in a mall in Paramus, NJ that I used to go to when I was younger. I miss that.

I found it, sparklyseahorse!! Sweet Coron. I don't recognize that one.

sparklyseahorse: PickeBicke... That was the mouse with purple ears and tan body right? I have to admit Kimi was one of my least favorite characters, along with Spottie Dottie...

TokiXtina: I have a few Keroppi things... The main thing is a ceramic coin bank that I love.

Most of my saved things are Pochacco. He was my faaaaaaaaavorite. Every Christmas I used to get Pochacco stuff!!

I :heart: my ceramic Badtz Maru piggy bank. I bought it at a garage sale for 10 cents!!

I :heart: my ceramic Badtz Maru piggy bank. I bought it at a garage sale for 10 cents!!

10 cents?! Whaaaaaaaaaa? Dang!!

I think out of all my Sanrio items, my ceramic coin banks are the things I'd never, ever let go of... They're easy to clean and useful! I have a big HK coin bank I got from Sanrio Puroland, two Pochacco coin banks, one Pekkle one, and one Keroppi. And then I also have this pink cat on it's back, holding a pinkish red marble, from Japan. I forgot what it symbolizes but it symbolizes something. *lol*

my sister has a tuxedo sam plushie but I think we lost his hat :sad:

also .. in the 80s, there was a line of plushies that came out called Hello Color with HK and her friends. When you ran them under hot water they turned diff. colors and then they turned another color if you ran them under cold water. Well my sis and I each bought one from Toys R Us and now these 2 characters don't exist anymore. I've googled their names and written to Sanrio with no luck. Do they create and then discontinue characters a lot?

oh their names are Yukaduk and Yukabuk ... I'll photograph them when I get home. I just would really like to find someone out there in the world that recognizes them cuz they're so cute.

In the meantime .. my Yukaduk .. he kinda looks like a scarier version of keroppi ... like imagine keroppi with teeth and psycho looking eyes ... hahahaha (he's cute tho) .. pics later :biggrin: