Annoyed at my house help (Long Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Get the f over it. It's just a bag!

The ladies on this forum rule! Sure we shamelessly obsess over handbags, but we know how to treat our fellow human beings with respect! That's what it's all about after all!

I've never had a maid of any kind but I wouldn't have reacted that way towards someone. I'm sure she didn't realize the value of the item (remember, not everyone is as crazy about bags as we are) and just think, things could ALWAYS be worse. This is a minor "problem" if you can even call it that. Speedies are durable, they can take it.
But please apologize to her, she didn't deserve that.

hmm... I agree with most people, it's not something to work up about. What was in your dirty duffle bag anyway? If it was just dirty clothes and not something like a huge puddle of melted chocolate, then I wouldn't worry about the bag... some people put their LVs on the floor ya know...

Anyhoo, I do think that some PFers are being a lil too harsh with their words (eg. *F*, brat, shameless...etc. c'mon guys, she's a person too!). You probably didn't realize that you hurt the maid or were being too emotional, but that's okie, we learn things everyday ;)

Sometimes people in Third World countries get confused :P about the value of humanity as compared to luxury goods, especially in countries like mine. See, in my country a maid is paid 3500 Rupees per month (average wages) and and LV speedy, when converted costs 69,300 Rupees. It's easy to think that the LV is more important than the maid....

When I grew up we had a maid (my parents still have one, but I moved out 6 years ago) and she broke my moms perfume bottles and a teapot my dad gave her and once she put a red t-shirt in the washing machine with a bunch of my dad's shirts...my parents never ever yelled at her. My mum made sure that my brothers and I always treated people (no matter what job they had) very polite and friendly. And I am thankful for that! But I think the OP might have exaggerated a bit in order to impress us in some way... Although it turned out to be the wrong way.

Isn't this the same member that posted about her 17 year old friend fighting and getting slapped by her mom over LV shoes? She seemed really upset that her friend would be treated so badly by her mother, why doesn't she realize that her maid is also a person that doesn't deserve such treatment?

Also, makes me wonder how old she is, judging from her 17 year old friend story? If she is around the same age, she's living in her own house with a maid?

hmm... I agree with most people, it's not something to work up about. What was in your dirty duffle bag anyway? If it was just dirty clothes and not something like a huge puddle of melted chocolate, then I wouldn't worry about the bag... some people put their LVs on the floor ya know...

Anyhoo, I do think that some PFers are being a lil too harsh with their words (eg. *F*, brat, shameless...etc. c'mon guys, she's a person too!). You probably didn't realize that you hurt the maid or were being too emotional, but that's okie, we learn things everyday ;)

I do not understand your post???? Too harsh? I think if anyone yells at another human being they know its HARSH. Especially to a "maid" that would NEVER buy Louis because they are working their butts off to just live. THEN they get yelled at for cleaning...which is the job they were hired for. Whatever....

I think this person exaggerated the story too. She/he is young/immature/low self confidence and probably looks up to people like Paris Hilton and those My Super sweet 16 birthdays on MTV and thinks that is acceptable behavior to look down and treat a maid in that fashion. I simply cannot believe that her dad would side with her so I think she exaggerated at least that part.

I just talked to her after telling her to make me some food. She said it wasn't a big deal so it's okay and she understands because it wasn't my bag.

She has vintage Gucci purse. Lol.

This is what makes me think this story is fake.
I think Patrick is just trying to sound cool and like he/she has money.
This statement has nothing to do with the story - he just wanted to mention 'I TOLD her to go make me some food'. Why would you mention that?

Status
Not open for further replies.