Anniversary gift

I really love the band suggestion. You could get a nice sapphire band or even small diamond or pave and stack later on. Such a great idea! Otherwise how about one of the 0.30 SI1 solitaires from Blue Nile? Then when you get engaged you can match it and make a nice pair of studs.
Agreed. A band with tiny diamonds all over it would be perfect. You can stack it later with the real ring instead of having to replace it. Whenever you know that you will replace a ring in the future it's always a good idea not to invest too much in the placeholder.

I'm loving any of the Blue Nile suggestions that the previous posters made. I've always had good experiences with Blue Nile the several times I've used them and the one time I returned something.

I'd definitely look at BlueNile. Also Google for coupon codes before you go.

This promise ring is really pretty and in your budget:

http://www.bluenile.ca/marquise-diamond-14k-yellow-gold-stack-promise-ring_21287

I just did a quick search and found:

Diamond Details
Stock number: LD02628136
Price: C$387
Bank wire price:
C$382
Price per carat:
C$1,290
Carat weight:
Cut: Very Good
Colour: J
Clarity: VS2
Depth %:
64.3%
Table %:
53%
Polish:
Excellent
Symmetry:
Good
Girdle:
Medium to Thick
Culet:
None
Fluorescence:
None
Measurements: 4.20 x 4.23 x 2.71 mm

and added a plain band for $200 CANADIAN

Total was $587

Or, if you want a band:

I really like this one alot!!!!

I just want to thank all of you lovelies for your suggestions. I think I will DEFINITELY give Blue Nile a shot :smile:

I'll post what I end up with when I get it at the end of the month :smile:

The bottom link didn't work for me; I really wanted to see!

The two bands are so lovely. I really like them!

It's a link to Blue Nile's US site. If you click on it from Canada, Blue Nile often tries to redirect you to the .ca site and things sometimes get messed up. Blue Nile has way more inventory in the US so that particular ring might not be on the .ca site. I don't know, the link didn't work for me either.

Canadians can order from the .com site with a US mailing address. I use a mail agent. There's way too much good stuff that doesn't make its way to the .ca site.

It's a link to Blue Nile's US site. If you click on it from Canada, Blue Nile often tries to redirect you to the .ca site and things sometimes get messed up. Blue Nile has way more inventory in the US so that particular ring might not be on the .ca site. I don't know, the link didn't work for me either.

Canadians can order from the .com site with a US mailing address. I use a mail agent. There's way too much good stuff that doesn't make its way to the .ca site.

Wow that's interesting! What's a mail agent, and how do I get one?

It's a company you pay to receive and forward mail for you. I use http://www.usamail1.com/. I chose it because they are relatively close to me (NY). There are others as well. I don't know the names but I read about them on here when I was looking for a service.

If you really want something that only delivers to the US, it's a live saver!