Angry person at Streisand concert!

she is an idiot, if someone is paying BIG $$ to see a concert they arent there to see the artist's political views!,they are there to see the artist preform!. Shame on her!,if she is so aganist bush why doesnt she do some type of work to help the mililtary leave Iraq? or atleast send some of her $$ to families who lost loved ones in Iraq?.

Eh, don't pay to see the concerts if you don't like the content. They're her gig and she can do as she pleases. I don't see what's so hard to understand. I love that some people here think they can dictate what others can and cannot do with their own businesses. Don't patronize businesses whose political associations offend you: this is why I don't shop at Walmart.

Well, some entertainers make their money writing songs that criticize the society we live in or poke fun at politics. People listen to it because they want to, no one is forcing anyone into listening to it. Also, comedians like conan o'brien or david letterman make jokes all the time. For some comedians, it's their job to poke jokes at others.

another example is a columnist or journalist. They write opinion pieces and columns everyday. Its our choice whether we want to read their personal views on issues everyday on the paper or skip it.

Eh, don't pay to see the concerts if you don't like the content. They're her gig and she can do as she pleases. I don't see what's so hard to understand. I love that some people here think they can dictate what others can and cannot do with their own businesses. Don't patronize businesses whose political associations offend you: this is why I don't shop at Walmart.

Bull, those people paid to see her SING she is a singer, that is her job,not a polititian.

It shows how little she actually cares about her fans that she wouldn't worry about offending some people.

And to the person who said the only people who would get offended was people who support Bush and who cares about those people, how very rude you are, so you don't care about people, how nice. And you're for so called free speech as long as you agree with it.

The bottom line is they paid to see her SING nothing else. So she should shut up.

But isn't it well known that she voices her political opinion prior to this concert? So shouldn't people know that this concert shouldn't be an exception? Sometimes people don't view a concert as just singing, but as a performance in general, inclusive of things like dancing, or even humor (and in Streisand's case, political "humor")
If they don't like it, then DON'T GO see her sing, and just buy her cd. JMO.

As a non-fan of Barbara, I didn't know she had a political skit... if I happened to be at her concert and she did this- I'd be pissed. A singer sings songs, a dancer dances, a violinist plays the violin, and opera singer sings opera. I would have been pissed too. I TOTALLY think it is over the top and out of line.

That being said, that drink was thrown at her from a Ft Lauderdale suburb- I wouldn't be surprised if my mom threw it!!! :roflmfao:

Bull, those people paid to see her SING she is a singer, that is her job,not a polititian.

It shows how little she actually cares about her fans that she wouldn't worry about offending some people.

And to the person who said the only people who would get offended was people who support Bush and who cares about those people, how very rude you are, so you don't care about people, how nice. And you're for so called free speech as long as you agree with it.

ohh ooh, that's me!! or I should say sort of, because if you take the time to read my entire paragraph ...here- "The only people who would get offended are supporters of Bush, and I mean, who cares! Conan O Brian went to Canada and made fun of everything and it was hilarious! People need to have a sense of humour, not take it personally and be able to laugh at themselves." -- Then you might be able to understand it differently. Let me put it simply for you...I am actually saying who cares that she is making fun of Bush, not "who cares about those people" and thennn I went on to say the thing about Conan making fun of Canada...I'm from Canada...he made fun of everything!! Still hilarious. Actually the entire world makes fun of Bush... I'd be hard-pressed to find somewhere free of that. Oops better not read the paper's cartoons or comics!! Oops better not turn on the television, read magazines..etc etc. So the lesson for today is to have a sense of humour, because if you're so easily offended by someone poking fun of Bush, then you're going to be walking around the rest of your life being miserable, because it's everywhere.
Ahhhh politics, EH?:lol:

When she was performing at Madison Square Garden, she was saying something about Bush and someone in the audience boo'd her and she told him to" shut the f*ck up and if you don't like what i'm saying, go get your money back " ---- something along those lines, but she was :cursing: ... Then she apologized (for cursing) and said it was the Brooklyn in her. LOL

When she was performing at Madison Square Garden, she was saying something about Bush and someone in the audience boo'd her and she told him to" shut the f*ck up and if you don't like what i'm saying, go get your money back " ---- something along those lines, but she was :cursing: ... Then she apologized (for cursing) and said it was the Brooklyn in her. LOL

Yes! I read that too.. Not a fan of hers before & def. not one now! Unfortunately, she has the "God complex" - I am above you & you should worship me.. I'm famous & I have money, blah blah blah. Just like many other famous people...ugh

I think *if* it was one remark then it would be rediculous of her, however I've heard musicians tell members of the audience to shut up on various occasions. If they are disturbing her performance and ruining it for other people, I'd tell them to shut up too.

I don't mind whatever views she expresses in an interview, but a concert? Honestly, if I was paying 1000+ plus to go to her concert I'd want as much singing crammed in as possible! :yes: