Anger on ebay

I always think it's sort of arrogant when a seller says "THIS BAG IS AUTHENTIC SO DON'T ASK ME OTHERWISE!!!" I mean, you KNOW that you're selling on eBay AKA "Land of the Counterfeits", so you can't be upset if potential buyers ask lots of questions to ensure they're bidding on the real thing.

However, it's something else if you state that you won't answer questions about authenticity because your photos show your bag is genuine. In that case, I think it's idiotic to ask for additional proof - it's right there in the images.

I also hate when buyers ask questions about authenticity AFTER they've already bid and won your auction. Stop being an arse and wasting my time when you could and should have asked these d@mn questions BEFORE you bid!!! :mad:

I always ask if it's authentic even if it says don't ask. You can't get upset at people for asking when you're expecting them to pay that much money for a bag. Nevermind the fact that 345834583490 fakes get sold everyday on Ebay. It's only natural that people want a little assurance.

Whenever I ask about authenticity if the person doesn't respond or has a bad attitude I don't bid on their item. If a seller is confident with their product and knows that it's real then they usually have no reason not to respond and no reason to get defensive.

That's just my opinion.

tr444 said:
Well, some people are just overly cautious because of all the scammers on ebay and everywhere.

I'm one of those people.

If there are sufficient pictures for different angles then I won't ask but otherwise I will ask questions until I feel comfortable enough to bid.

OH I know what you mean, it's not ebay but people who shop on ebay. I am cautious too when I am interested in something but not offensive. I tried to sell one of my bag there, received a really angry message telling how fake my bag was and how I could stay that it's authentic. I was shocked to speechless, I just replied by saying I bought it from the shop myself, how could it be fake?

I think a lot of people just ask that question, just to see if the seller will give a response. It is annoying , I agree, but i think it gives the buyer reassurance that the seller is serious and attentive to the auctions up. :yes:

Totally understand! I am an avid Buyer & Seller on eBay and I almost expect my customers to ask me about the authenticity.

In most cases...if a seller won't get back to you, one, they are too busy to care and you shouldn't buy anyway (except if someone is ill or has a legitimate excuse!:shame: I have had a migraine for the past week and the computer didn't help!!) Or two, theirr item is fake and they just don't want to answer...if it is real...why not make the buyer feel comfortable with what they are buying???

I only like to deal with pleasant, easy going, and nice sellers or buyers (and I am more of a seller!):flowers: If someone is the slightest bit rude...or if I sense that it is going to be more hassle than benefit...I will either cancel a bid or just not sell to that buyer!

However, I will always answer as many questions that come my way...don't get me wrong...I may have a bad day and not get back to you right away...that's b/c I WANT to answer everything to the best of my ability:roflmfao: ...well that is my two cents!

K