And The Kooba Gods Smiled.......

1. Ok, I'm new but a long time lurker. I was just gifted with my first Kooba for my birthday (a bourban Jillian) by my boyfriend last Saturday. I immediatly fell in love with my Kooba. ( I can't stop smelling that bag!) I have Coach's, Dooneys, Furlas, MK's and the likes but the Kooba stole my heart.
    I posted here a few days ago for help to authenticate a few Koobas on eBay. Everyone was so helpful, but I admit I was ovewhelmed by how many fakes are out there, so I decided to stop in to the Bloomingdales in Boca Raton to check out the Koobas in person. I walked around and took it all in while checking out the latest styles (all the while handling and touching whenever possible). The Julia python was soooo beautiful, but and every $600 + tag I saw made me a little sad becausI knew they were out of my price range.
    A very nice SA (Carol ) spent so much time showing me the beautiful bags and told me about a sale next Wed 8-22 for 15% off. She then proceeded to offer to pre-sale me a bag (thank God I knew what that meant after hearing everyone here talk about it!) It was very nice of her, but that was still a lot of money. I walked around a bit more and just as I was ready to leave I saw a sale section. They had a lot Of Juicy, Kors, and some other types of bags, at great prices, but not for me. Just when I was ready to leave, at the end of the display I spot some Koobas. (Turns out they were a Nina in Black and Blond, A Meredeith in black and blond, and a Charlie in ivory) I looked at the prices and the Nina in blond was 348. I thought with the discount I might be able to swing it. I found Carol, and she started to price it on the register. She then said to me "Let me try something". She scanned some card, and lo and behold it was discounted 40%, then she proceeded to take off another 15%...at that point I almost fainted and I told her "You know I saw a black bag over there, let me go get it" I practicly RAN to the display and stumbled back with the Ivory Charlie on one arm and the Black Meredith on the other.....my heart was racing. She told me "Let's see how they ring up"....Meredith 469.99 minus 188.00 minus 42.30.....Charlie 459.99 minus 184.00 minus 41.40.....total for 2 bags 474.28, 30.83 tax FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF 505.11....to be picked up Wed 8-22...OMG I WAS IN SHOCK! It still hasn't sunk in. Those bags are so beautiful. I've read about the Charlie's and I know Ivory is a light color, but the leather is unreal. I can't wait. I am so happy. Thanks everyone for all of your help. I'm sure there will be more Koobas down the road. Just have to save some $$$$$$ now. :yahoo:

2. I can tell how tickled you are with your great deal, would be too!

You now have two more beautiful bags and saved a fortune, you lucky girl.

3. Wow!!! Great deal(s). You've got a great Kooba collection started. Can't wait to see what you get next :yes: Congratulations!

4. yahooo congrats!!

5. Triple WOW! And I thought I was good at finding sales and getting sales clerks to give me extra discounts. You've got me topped, girl. Good job! What wonderful bags you got for the price. You will really love that Nina - so versatile. And the Charlie style is terrific too. Congratulations. Now, just post pictures ... we LOVE pictures.:yahoo:

6. Oh yes... PICS! Can't wait to see your goodies!

7. I just got my Charlie today and I am in LOVE with it... and most of my bags are more expensive, but it doesn't matter! The Charlie in ivory is to die for, truly lovely. Congrats!

8. I would be tickled pink with such a good deal.

9. That's a smokin deal! I thought I did well at Bloomies when I got my Paige for 30% off plus 20% but you did even better. Enjoy.

10. Yay for you!! How exciting! :yahoo:

And welcome to the wonderful world of Kooba Obsession!

11. Wow! I am usually a Coach or Gucci girl, but I am definitely in the market for a Kooba. How can you tell if someone is carrying a real one? Does it have a hangtag (like Coach) or label (like LV)?

12. Hi Purse Envy.....I'm just new to Koobas and their are quite a few Fakes from what I see. The Koobas I have and have seen have a nice little metal plate (usually on the side?) that says Kooba. Their wonderful bags...I have many others also Coaches, Dooneys, Italian bags and the likes...but I a smitten with Koobas!! When I get my 2 from Bloomies on Wed, I will post pics of my 3 bags...can't wait!:wlae:

13. Welcome to the World Of Kooba - there's no turning back!!!

14. Ok....tomorrow's the day!!!! I hope I can sleep. I will be up first thing so I can go pick up the balck Meredith and the ivory Charlie tomorrow at Bloomies.....geez I hope I don't come across anything else there in Boca. There's no way I can keep up this Kooba buying pace or else I will be living underneath the bridge at 1-95. I'll post pics of the collection (3 now) when I get them.
    :sos:

15. OMG, you got such an excellent deal, congrats and those are three gorgeous bags. The Charlie in ivory is TDF, from what I've heard you'll have to take special care of her, but she's so beautiful that she deserves it.