and another scarf issue.....

GF, your my idol, all that organizing!! I can't handle that. In the morning, running out the door with 2 kids! NAh! I don't think so! I'll have boxes everywhere!

an example:

Normally I have them grouped by design, but I just piled them in for the pic......

OMG, GF you used a label printer! How anal retentive/organized is that:nuts:

I have to tell ya, I'm just a simple girl who folds them in quarters and puts them in the small shallow draws in my armoire. I keep similar color groups together, but that's it.I keep the plisses in the boxes and they are taking over the armoire:rolleyes:

GF, I label mine similar to yours (gotta love that label maker!)---but I have a mini-collection compared to some of you veterans! This lingerie chest pretty much stores all my H-goodies.

D, I remember reading a suggestion--I think DQ actually implemented this to great success---since you have them in those envelopes to store them file style in a nice rattan/wicker basket you can find at a container store and that way you can just flip through them and file them according to whatever method you wish (i.e., by year, color, etc.).

Attachments

• CIMG2073_2.jpg
    CIMG2073_2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 97
OMG, GF you used a label printer! How anal retentive/organized is that:nuts:

I have to tell ya, I'm just a simple girl who folds them in quarters and puts them in the small shallow draws in my armoire. I keep similar color groups together, but that's it.I keep the plisses in the boxes and they are taking over the armoire:rolleyes:
Ah, yes, you MUST keep your plisses in their box! :yes: Ity keeps them "shaped"

I KNOW, I am anal......I must admit, I'm a bit funny about my scarf collection......more so then my bags....actually, if I sold them all, I reckon I could almost buy an exotic! LOL!:P

^MrsSparkes, you can get clear labels and do it in the computer. Are Avery products available where you live?

Yes, gracekelly, I can get Avery labels here. I have only noticed paper labels. Do they have transparent ones? And what size should I get? Please don't tell me get various sizes for different sized boxes because I will faint.

I have a colour laser HP printer at home.

You really are not suppose to store scarves in boxes...they should be more in open air. They need to have circulated air. You should keep them folded in a drawer or a method outside of closed boxes.