An interesting sight

1. I was walking through my local mall today and I saw a very interesting bag. I only wish I could have taken photos of it.

It was a "birkin" and the top part was the blue jean color while the material was suede. The crazy part was that the rest of the bag, below the clasp and the "palladium hardware" was completely clear with suede blue jean trim going down the sides of the bag. Does Hermes even MAKE a birkin like that? Even for special order clients? It was definitely a different looking bag. I couldn't believe it.

2. no honey, i do not think so but i am not an expert.
    unless of ocurse you saw the bag in an Hermes boutique.
    angie

3. No, it wasn't in an Hermes boutique. In fact, there isn't even an Hermes in my state...yet. So I guess it was a seriously fake bag.

4. The most interesting bag I've been told by far was by my old SA. He said there was a special order for a Birkin that contained 3 colors. Essentially, the entire front part was one color, the entire side was another color, and then the entire backside is the third color. So that means, the strap was tri-colored. I asked him if he liked it and he diplomatically said, "It's interesting."

I'm not sure if the Birkin you saw is real, but I think anything is possible. I read in a magazine somewhere that a woman was a big fan of the Pokemon and she managed to placed a special order for a Birkin that has Pokemon characters stenciled on it.

5. Nathansgirl, did it look like a real bag?

6. It looked like a birkin for the most part. She was walking on the other side so I couldn't get a really good look at it, but the top part looked really similar to a real birkin.

7. The only Hermes bag I have seen that was completely clear (including the piping) was one made for an exposition they had. It looked like a briefcase Kelly.

The bag you saw might have been a special order... maybe from the 90s when see-thru bags were the rage, but is not blue jean color a recent introduction? I would imagine Hermes received alot of downright unusual requests during the 80s and 90s. Suede, fur, tweed, diamonds.... hey! that's what JPGaultier is doing now! :lol:

8. Pikachu, I love you. :winkiss:

YOU'RE SUCH A CUTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:love:

pikachu 2.jpg ppikachu18.jpg maman-pikachu-bebe.jpg
  9. I LOOOVE Pikachu too! I don't think I've found any other character that's cuter than Pikachu! Pika! CHU!!!!:biggrin: I'm sure that special ordered Birkin has Pikachu on it.

10. Only VIPs can have their birkins tailored to their own taste. I still yearn for Linda Evangelista white birkin with stencils on it. Hers is so gorgeous!!

11. I would have liked to see a picture of that "Birkin" nathansgirl, it sounds very interesting....

12. Me too - I love the bag and I love her - she is spectacularly gorgeous!!!!!!

13. i re read your post, ng,
    i did not realize you saw a live person wearing the bag in question.
    :smile:

14. I have seen a six-colored birkin as well. It had a range of blue jean, rouge vif, orange, etc. Might I add that it's :sick:...

15. When you say six color...I hope you mean vibrato??, if not, Wow!!:cry:
    where do you take that?:hrmm: