an ebay nightmare!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well at this point, i filed a claim, and am waiting on paypal to make a decision. maybe i should have refunded her, but i've already paid $120 in just fees and shipping that would be my loss. maybe if she wanted a brand new bag, and is anal, she shouldn't have boughten a USED BAG!!

I am not defending either side. I do think that you should have at least given her a heads up that you would ship on Mon. I think communication is so important and I would have been just as disappointed as the buyer had I paid immediately. I bought from a member who didn't send out for nearly 2 weeks. I paid asap. Just simply using email to let people know what is going on, can save a lot of headaches down the road.

Also, I can smell smoke on anything. If you are a smoker, I would say, chances are, your bag smells like it as well. It just seems like there is too much in her favour and against yours. I would refund the money and move on. Good luck.

She sounds like an honest buyer and her feedback is very good if you take the time to look.

Maybe I missed it, but how do you know her feedback is good? I also don't understand why shipping on monday for an auction that closed on thursday warrants a heads up. It's not unusual for someone not to ship the very next day and then there's the weekend where posts offices in some areas arent even open (like my town). Although I might mention it, I wouldn't expect it. Also, it sounded like the special shipping request prolonged the shipping also. What I don't understand is why she couldn't email to discuss a refund before just opening up a dispute. I think after the seller accomodated her with special shipping that cost 3X more than what she paid due to her request, she should deduct that. If the transaction was fine, then it's worth it eating that cost (which is why she probably didn't ask, expensive or not), but if it's going to fall through, then her special order and/or fees should be covered. If anything, the difference between reg shipping and the requested method. Personally, going to UPS for me is a pain in the butt and wouldn't have been as accommodating unless they had paid the full 40+ dollars, especially when she waited until after she won the auction for that. There seemed to have been no attempts to compromise before running to paypal to intervene.

1. i used to date a smoker, and even though he never smoked in his house, everything he owned still smelled like smoke. in fact, even things i kept in his apartment that were never around him when he smoked STILL smelled like smoke. smoke just gets everywhere, and i think if you're a seller on ebay, you should have made it known that even though the house is smokefree, you may have smoked near the bag even though you hadn't used it in months. then it would have been up to the buyer to decide what to do with that info.
2. i think she should have emailed you asking if you can ship UPS before she bought the bag. i have told buyers in the past that the shipping they get is what was listed in the auction -- and that i make no exception. i also email them the day things are shipped, and i never promise a ship date that i can't keep.

in this case, i think she's a troublesome buyer with serious remorse, and even though you lost $$, take that as a lesson and let it go. with the amount of trouble she's given you already, i don't think you want to keep fighting it. god knows how much muck she'll drag you through before this concludes!

good luck!

I think you have a good chance to win the PP-claim, as long as the bag was described as "used". I lost a SNAD claim over a broken & trashed-out bag, sold as "used only once". The seller listed it with the pics & text stolen from the previous, original auction (she bought it on ebay a month earlier as new - I found it out from her FB - then took it to holidays I guess?). She blatantly denied everything, accused me with switching the bag / the mailman with breaking the hardware etc. (she sent it in a soft jiffy-bag, unregistered! & charged £9 more than the actual p&p) - anyhow, her leitmotif was "You got a £895 Tanner Krolle for £100, what a bargain!" (she bought it for £150 and was in pain by losing 50 on it...) And PP closed my claim in HER favour!!! only because it wasn't listed in the 'new' (NWT or NWOT) category.
You didn't misrepresent your bag, unlike my seller! (I reckon you listed it as 'used'?) Just hold on to your ground, the claim shall turn out well for you! Good luck! :tup:

(BTW, here is the aforementioned bag as I received it, and the auction: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250161556727
1423225986_ce04dc494e.jpg

1423221056_4b35b39475.jpg

- sure it wasn't 'used only once'??!
This is the earlier auction where she won it: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160142006456
All I could do was to leave her a big fat negative, in the 23th hour of the 90th day - so she had no time left to retaliate!)

I would just refund her money and yes it was alot. One could buy a mint conditon Chanel for this. Sorry but I am not familiar with the Marco Tagliaferri brand.

Next time take more and bigger and better pictures: inside, outside and any potential trouble areas. I think it was negligent to not add that the purse did NOT come from a smoke-free household.

She caught you by seeing the pix here on TPF. I think it only fair she get her money back. She is not responsible for the extra shipping costs if you did not ask her to contribute.

It sounds as if you were happy to unload the purse and were overly willing to accomodate in order to do so. There is no way you will win this so be gracious, accept your loss and return her money. She sounds like an honest buyer and her feedback is very good if you take the time to look.

I would feel cheated also.

Sorry, but to me it looks as if you tried to take advantage of an innocent buyer. Perhaps I would feel differently if the purse were not so $$$$$$. The buyer obviously did not get her money's worth.

Sorry to offend, just another opinion here from someone who has had alot of experience buying and selling very high-end items.

^^ ITA, Fauve!!! :goodpost:

um, the bag DID come from a SMOKE-FREE household. i don't smoke anywhere in my home. i did not "take advantage of an innocent buyer" either. she's a big girl, and should have asked any and all questions before clicking the BIN. this bag is IMPOSSIBLE to get ahold of. if it was a rip-off, no one made her buy it!

I'm sorry but smoke-free household to me, means no one carrying this bag smokes. Just because you don't smoke in your house does not mean the bag is smoke free. If you carry it while smoking it will smell. I would not keep a bag that smelled of smoke.

I think it's VERY important to remember there are TWO sides to every story.
I commend the buyer, who has posted in this very thread, on maintaining an insane amount of control and grace in this thread.
It's not ever a good idea to post a thread about a member here, it's deliberately dramatic and completely uneccessary.
To be fair, I'll leave it open for a few more minutes in case the buyer wants to add anything.
After that, pelase take it to PM or back to eBay.

oh BTW, people know who the buyer was because there was a comment in the OP that made it easy to find out, I edited that out hours ago.

just PM'd w/ the Buyer and she's maintaining her composure and being the "bigger man". She has photos to prove otherwise but is respectful enough of tPF for choose not to engage this member in an online arguement.
Closed.

I know that Swanky is getting ready to close the thread, but I just wanted to say as an Ebay seller and buyer (lately more buyer than seller - hehehe), that smoking is one of the big items that MUST ALWAYS be disclosed in a listing. A non-smoker can smell smoke, cigarettes, etc., in an instant. IMO, I would suggest that you offer to refund the buyer, do a mutual agreement not to complete the transaction (you'll get your Ebay fvf $$ back), and you can relist the item and describe it as coming from a smoking household. There is no sense in ruining your Christmas holidays thinking about the transaction. I'm sure the buyer is upset also. You are both upset, so why not just end it this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.