Amore at Macy's - Update for NYers

1. For my fellow NYers or anyone who may be in town visiting:
    I went to Macy's 34th Street today and found out that Amore will be arriving next week! The SA said that a LeSportsac vendor was in the department so she went and asked her for me. They couldn't tell me exactly what day next week but def. next week. Yay! Can't wait! Oh and while I was there I bought a Pirata Zucca with the print placement I've been looking for: purple haired pirate right smack in the front of the bag!!! :wlae:
  2. :nuts: my sister is gonna be there next week! hurrah!
    maybe i can skip shipping stuff all over US.

you have any idea what styles they're gonna get?

and 34th street, that's in manhattan right?
    (sorry for the ignorance :shame: )
  3. Yup, 34th Street Manhattan .. it's Macy's Herald Square. But sorry .. i dunno what styles they're gonna be getting :s All I know is, I hope the vendor was 100% accurate. I don't want to go to the store and be like "hey! u said you'd have it in this week!"
    But def. have your sis check out the store for you!
  4. yeah that would suck. to come there ready for a new bag and - nothing!

well atleast i have backup incase i don't get something from eBay.
  5. Thank you for the update, Tokidoki Angel! I will definitely be stopping over there on my lunch hour next week- my sister wants a ciao (it will be her first Tokidoki).

The NY LeSportsac stores are definitely not getting any Amore in stock- the SA told me only the "big department stores"-- Macy's, Bloomingdale's, and Lord & Taylor's-- will have them.

In the meantime, if any NYers are looking for Amore denaros or caramellas, they have a bunch of them at the Virgin Megastore in Times Square on the first floor.
  6. I'm gonna try to go there on my lunch hour but i'll be traveling from downtown .. so by the time I get to 34th and back it'll have been an hour exactly (assuming i catch all my trains). I think i'll go on wednesday .. i'm hoping the middle of the week is when their shipment comes in.
  7. yay! im so excited! my dad works a few blocks away, so im gonna put on the charm... "daddy.... can you buy me this bag?? please??? *bats eyelashes*" then i can tell my bf that my dad bought it and then BOOM! there's my loophole through the bag ban :graucho::p:yahoo:

awesome! i didnt even know they carried the bags there. i always just saw shirts & pins & figurines. i know they carried harajuku lovers bags tho... so maybe they got up on the tokidoki too :p
  8. Good one!:graucho:
  9. yeah i agree he cant say no to that one haha :sneaky:
  10. Where do you work downtown? I work on West 41st Street between 7th and 8th Avenues (right down the block from the Port Authority). Luckily, it's only about a 10 minute walk to get down there.

Wednesday sounds like a good day to go--do you think they will put the bags in the regular handbag department on the first floor or on the 4th floor in the juniors department where the huge display is??
  11. I hope they really do get them in next week - I have already made two wasted trips to that Macy's in search of Amore bags. That sounds right though, it was about a week ago that an SA told me it would be two more weeks (after another one had told my friend they already had them in!).

12. I work down by City Hall so I have to take a couple of trains to get to midtown :sad: ugh and the weather is so horrible this week but I'm still going to make the trek. I had no idea there was a huge display in the Juniors dept!!! I mean one of the SAs once told me that there were more tokis on the 4th floor so I went up there and looked around really quick and thought .. man she doesn't know what she's talking about. Apparently she did .. lol :biggrin:. I'll check the regular handbag display on the 1st floor first and then if I don't see them I'll head up to 4.
  13. I am indebted to TokiliciousJenY for this piece of information. Like you, I would also have had no idea that the larger display of Tokidoki bags is on the 4th floor smack in the middle of the Juniors department. Logic would hold that Tokdoki handbags would be in the handbag department with the other LeSportsac bags, no? The display is right off of the escaltor, so you shouldn't miss it. I am definitely going tomorrow-- hopefully the rain is finished!
  14. Actually, when I went, they were on both the 1st and 4th floor! But the smaller bags were upstairs.
  15. Are the Amore bags definitely going to be at Macy's by tomorrow or are those of you who are going there just hoping they will be by then?