Amarante is not black

1. So the question is, does it really go with all black?
    And since it's not black, it's kinda tricky to pair it with other colours too eh? I love the colour, but I'm just not sure how it goes with anything other than purplish/reddish clothes.

The Pomme was easy for me because it's red, and red is supposed to 'pop' if ya know what I mean. Is the Amarante supposed to pop or is it supposed to be understated like black, but then it doesn't blend in with black, KWIM? Have I confused anybody besides myself? lol...maybe it's the cold meds talking...

2. ^^ i know, i understand what you mean, i felt the same too... to me, purple seems doesnt go well with black coz it will be black-black, either you cant notice the bag or the clothes, KWIM :p... but i think i'll still get the amarante, maybe i'll only wear it with blue/white/flower-green/pink floral dress and jeans.

3. I don't think so. Honestly, this isn't really much of a purple. While it looks black when you look at it straight on, it's more of a dark black cherry color when the light hits it so I think it'll go great with a lot of different colors!

4. Thanks for the replies! I'm still thinking over the Amarante, so I really appreciate different views about it :smile:

5. I think it's a great accent against black and a brillant color against gold, brown, greens, navy... jmo

6. IMO any colour goes well with black, the amarante would be a nice little touch to a black outfit

7. i think it would look nice. i have a coach purse that's a dark purple and i would wear it with black. amarante is probably a little darker than my coach, but i'd probably still wear it with black. i think the maroon/purple undertones would look really nice with it. plus anything black/purple/maroon i think looks hot together. but we'll find out!

8. i think it would even look good against azur. but that's just my opinion. i like it so i will probably get a piece at some point. :smile:

9. My SA called it "brown" :wtf: But it's clearly not brown. I think.

10. I don't think it'll be hard to match it to anything!

11. Vuittonamour- I wonder if we have the same Coach bag! I have the patent leather Gallery Tote in mahogany- it's like a deep burgundy/brown/a little reddish in sunlight. I wear it with black all the time, and pretty much any other color, it goes great. The amarante looks similar to me, but a little more on the "grapey" side, so I think I'll have to see it IRL before I can decide if it would go well with a lot of colors.

12. This is the best description I have heard so far.

I think because the color is so dark that it will go with a ton of outfits.

I like makeupmama's idea of pairing it with the Azur... that sounds delicious!

13. I would definitely hang a cles on my azur speedy, but if I got something larger, say a Reade PM, I would wear it with white, beige, gold, any shade of tan, blue shades, and probably black, but not all black (i'm thinking jeans and a nice black top).

14. Hmmm I haven't seen it in real life yet... I think I'll judge it when I finally see it!

15. I think it will look great with most color including black.