Amarante color question....

You really need to see Amarante IRL, if you can.
The color really does change a bit when exposed to different lighting....
regardless, I still think it's a fabulous color, especially now that it's the Fall season.....

IMO it doesn't look like Chanel Vamp at all (I own the roxbury in amarante, Vamp I have seen several times and it's too brownish and matte for amarante, but then again there might be a difference in European and US Chanel Vamp polish). Coca Cola is also a tinge too brownish IMO. maybe my pic helps you (taken with flash), but it looks black most of the times lol. the pic is more on the purplish side, I'm looking at my bag in artificial yellowish light right now so it looks more red (but not coke brown) than the purple on my pic

I hope I didn't confuse you too much, I'm a makeup junkie
:lol:

I think the following pics capture the stunning colors best: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/warning-photos-of-amarante-roxbury-enclosed-146576.html they made me buy Vernis, a line I never planned to buy lol

sw0pp...I am so glad you liked my photos...I sooooo love the Amarante! And, your description of Vamp is on target.

i really want amarante for the brown, cola color, NOT the purple

BTW, im a guy

It is funny a lot of people swear they see brown in Amarante. In fact one of the girls in my office always tells me how much she loves "that brown" bag I carry...refering to my Amarante Rox. Perhaps it is a base color somewhere in there, but I don't see it!

Not sure if people are generally aware of this, but my SA told me that Amarante is the only colour of vernis, where every piece should come with it's own polishing cloth (because of it's fingerprint issue).

I'd say it's a very deep, dark plum. The colour was basically invisible in the boutique, so I had to take a PCles to a sunny area to really see the colour.

Not sure if people are generally aware of this, but my SA told me that Amarante is the only colour of vernis, where every piece should come with it's own polishing cloth (because of it's fingerprint issue).

I'd say it's a very deep, dark plum. The colour was basically invisible in the boutique, so I had to take a PCles to a sunny area to really see the colour.

that's interesting about the polishing cloth..didn't know that. i had thot all the vernis pieces came with a polishing cloth.

and about the fingerprints, for me it only is really an issue with the small pieces like wallets (which don't have handles). The outside of my rosewood doesn't get nearly as many fingerprints/smudges as the cles does, i guess cuz i don't really need to touch the outside of my purse since i always hold it by the handles....

and yeah, amarante looks almost black indoors under artificial lighting. it only really gets that cherry-red appearance when the sun hits it (see pic in my avatar). :smile:

I just bought a Sarah Vernis wallet in amarante when I was originally going in for a pomme d'amour. It looks like a deep burgundy darkest purple. Definitely like the color of an eggplant. It goes fabulously with the neverfull damier ebene I just purchased. So excited to start using it. 😊

Hmmm I haven't checked to see if my wallet came with a polishing cloth. Now I am curious ...