Amarante color question....

1. I still haven't seen Amarante IRL yet, so I am still trying to figure out if it is a black cherry color or a coca-cola color.
    Does it have a slight tinge of brown to it?
    Thanks!

2. Hev you seen Chanel Vamp nail polish, it is almost exactly that color.

3. it's more like black cherry except instead of the reddish hue, it's a purplish hue. does that make any sense?

4. Thank you!
    I have seen Chanel's Vamp; that's why I was getting confused. In some pictures, the amarante really shows up coca-cola colored.
    I can't wait to see some yummy, shiny Amarante!
    One week till Vegas, baby!

5. IMO it doesn't look like Chanel Vamp at all (I own the roxbury in amarante, Vamp I have seen several times and it's too brownish and matte for amarante, but then again there might be a difference in European and US Chanel Vamp polish). Coca Cola is also a tinge too brownish IMO. maybe my pic helps you (taken with flash), but it looks black most of the times lol. the pic is more on the purplish side, I'm looking at my bag in artificial yellowish light right now so it looks more red (but not coke brown) than the purple on my pic

I hope I didn't confuse you too much, I'm a makeup junkie
    :lol:

I think the following pics capture the stunning colors best: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/warning-photos-of-amarante-roxbury-enclosed-146576.html they made me buy Vernis, a line I never planned to buy lol

amarante.jpg
  6. it's very black cherry colour.

7. Yep, a very black cherry color. I don't see any brown in it.....more cherry and black, if that makes sense.

8. It is very hard to photograph, kind of like the mirage.... it is a beautiful color and there is NO brown at all. It looks black in certain light, and then you can see the deep black cherry color! It is really pretty, though I like it more on smaller bags!

9. This is a very deep cherry/plum black. I don't see any brown at all. I agree, small items in this color are very pretty.

10. an SA described it as a yummy wine colour last week, but with sparkle.

11. Theres no brown to it at all, generally in most light it looks like a dark purple black color, but if the sun or a light hits it, its a beautiful cherry red. I fell in love with the color the first time I saw it. It would go with anything.

12. Thank you!
    This is making me very happy; I was hoping it would cherry/wine color.
    I'm hoping that I have enough funds after my bag purchase to get a cles too.

13. It is a beautiful color.

14. i really want amarante for the brown, cola color, NOT the purple

BTW, im a guy

15. then you shouldn't buy amarante :p