Am I the only one?

1. I have to admit that I hate the patina process of the vachetta :blah:. It's weird because everyone else seems to love the patina, but I love the brand new, pale color of the leather. If there were a way for me stop the process altogether, I would do it :yes:.

I was going through my closet today, and looking through my bags. Some of them have started to patina -- albeit rather slowly because I've Shining Monkeyed the hell out of them. And then I got to thinking that if, some years down the road, the vachetta turned darker than the honey brown patina, I may actually replace the leather on all my bags :weird:. I don't even know to what extent Louis Vuitton can actually replace the leather -- for instance, I doubt the leather strip with studs on the front of my Multicolore Trouville can be replaced :cry: -- but if it were possible I'd have every smidgen of leather replaced when it gets too dark :yes:.

Am I the only one who thinks like this? :shrugs:

I think I am. Don't answer that :lol:.
  2. I don't think you're the only one that likes em white. I have read from others that they don't like the patina either. I think it's just a matter of taste.
  3. I'm the complete opposite. I hate the look of the new leather when it's very pale. I love the honey brown patina.
  4. hehe, I like the paleness on the white MC bags but I think with the others the honey-brown patina works better, just IMO
  5. It depends on the bag for me.
  6. :yes: Agree
    Personally, I like both. It's nice to have a brand new looking bag... but I don't do anything against the patina, it belongs to my bags and I like it :girlsigh:
  7. I like it when the patina has darkened EVER so slightly, kind of like the bags they keep under display lights.

I don't like the dark honey brown either, especially on lighter colored bags like white multicolore or the Vernis pieces.
  8. You are definately not alone!! My hubby just bought me the white MC Priscilla and looking at that vachetta compared to that on my other LV's, I'll take the pale look any day. I guess I just the love the new, never-been-carried-yet look.
  9. You are def. not the only one. Personally, I like the patina but I am sure many people out there like the pale look.
  10. I like the brand new white leather. Well, maybe the leather when it is 2 weeks old and not perfectly light, but still I really don't like patina. I prefer my bags very, very light. Sadly, even with treating the leather they will patina over time. :crybaby:
  11. It depends on what it is really. I think just for a guy, I personally like when my messengers get that patina cause then it doesn't look so "girly" perhaps? But it just shows that you're a tried and true Louis Vuitton fan. But for my best friend, she likes it really pale and I think for a girl it looks nicer when it's all nice and pale.
  12. i love it pale esp. for the MCs...My trouville is in it looks so clean with pale vachetta... i hope we can stop the darkening...
  13. I don't like it when it's brand new white, but when it just gets that touch of color then I love it when it's like that. I wish it could stay that way forever!!
  14. It depends for me too... but I love white patina... :biggrin:
  15. I love brand new vachetta as well!! I don't mind a little patina (in the honey stage) but I hate when it's too dark.