Am I the only one that has to touch bags in the stores?

1. My husband and I went shopping yesterday and I noticed that everytime I see a handbag for sale I get this overwelming urge to touch it. This is no matter where I am. My husband brought this to my attention and he made it sound like I had OCD or something. :lol: This is how I decide whether or not I like the bag. We stopped in Fossil to look for a baseball cap and I fondled one of their bags and (ick!) knew right away I hated it. Going into Saks is like an orgy for me. I always veer over and "play" with all the bags. Hubby literally had to pull me away!

Am I the only one with this "issue"? :shrugs:
  2. I usually shop more with my hands than my eyes. While I walk down the aisles or around the displays I touch just about everything. Some things I don't like or don't feel like how I expected and I pull my hand away quickly, and keep moving. Others my hand stays in place and I pull myself backwards to get a closer look. I don't know how I developed this, but it makes shopping really fast, since I don't spend more than a fraction of a second dealing with stuff I don't like.
  3. Nope, you're not the only one. I :heart: looking, feeling, touching, and playing with the hardware. My sister does the same thing:p
  4. Nope u have to feel it, sometime smell it, try it on ...make sure it right :smile:
  5. I touch things all the time!! My mom always says, "Boy, that would be some shopping spree if you were given every bag you touched today!"
  6. Yeah I touch..I have to feel the material.I don't touch every bag only the ones that attract me at first sight. The style & shape of the bag has to appeal to me first.
  7. Haha this is funny. My girlfriend is the same way, and honestly, I don't see anything wrong with it. Come to think of it, i think i'm the same as makes it kinda hard to shop online, doesn't it?
  8. I'm with you. I always touch the bags and cloths because I don't like artifical material especially in cloths. I'm even worse with bags because I smell on them. I just love the smell of new leather. Now you can call me a pevert:smile:
  9. Ahhhhhhhh the feel of nice soft leather....:girlsigh:
  10. I am so guilty of that

and the interesting thing that i have found, the bags I like over the course of time I keep touching and trying in every store that has it

for example three years ago when Coach had a purple mini sig line I literally tried it on in about four stores.
  11. Touch, fondle, stroke, grope.....yes, I have to do that. My mom and I always joke about it: oh, there's the handbag department, time for me to go molest the Marc Jacobs bags! LOL

The places I frequent the most often (Coach and LV boutiques, NM & Nordstrom) are used to this. They still give me the hairy eyeball in Saks, though. (Maybe that's why I don't like them as much.)
  12. I like to touchy-feel before I buy.
  13. I do this with everything I buy. Even if I'm not buying anything, just window shopping or passing by, I have to touch something. My parents always tell me to keep my hands to myself. :smile:

14. I used to get worried about messing up the displays in the Coach store, until the SAs started insisting that I take the bags down, fondle them, put my stuff in them and try them on. They'll even help by pulling the stuffing out of anything they think I might like. I think they know that a customer is more likely to buy something if she's played with it first, rather than just seeing a display. It's a good philosophy, IMHO.
  15. yes, absolutely. actually i'm tempted to smell it too but i'm afraid it seems rude :p
    but i would love to smell bags especially leather one, i just loved it