Am I the only one that doesn't know this??

1. Hey Guys!

I see on here that people use photoshop a BUNCH...I wanted to know if it was a program that you can get for free online or if you have to buy it for like a crazy amount of money (like Office...) :shrugs:

I hope I am not the only one out there that has NO IDEA!! LoL. I just wanted to learn how to watermark and what not and need some professional advice!! hehe :p

Thanks in advance! :flowers:
  2. anyone...anyone?? :whistle:
  3. If you just want to watermark, there are plenty of free programs on the internet. Just do a google search and you'll find one. I can't remember the name of mine but it was a free download and works with my Mac. There are plenty for PCs too.
  4. Adobe Photoshop is definitely not free. There are different flavors that range from basic to hideously complex with a price to match, and a range of software publishers offer similar products as well, Adobe being just one of them.

The following sites might be of help to you in figuring out which software suite would work best for your intended usage level: Graphics Section
    CNET's Graphic Design Tools Section
    Adobe Photoshop Products
    Corel Products

Also see this CNET article on free image editors. Good luck!
  5. Photoshop is expensive, not free. Download the GIMP. It's the most full-featured free image editor that I know of. I use it on my PC and on my Mac, as it's multi-platform/OS.
  6. I use Photoshop Elements, it's under $100 and does a TON of fun things.
    I recommend it if your learning curve is pretty good w/ these types of things.

Also, a lot of people are at work or school. . . be patient, 12 minutes w/o answers isn't unreasonable!
  7. No, you are not alone. I have always wondered this too!

But for watermarking only, I use Paint - which is already installed.

I'm going to look into the GIMP...thanks caxe :tup:
  8. haha sorry Swanky...I didn't mean to post it that soon!

I just asked my IT guy here at work (finally got a hold of him) and he suggested GIMP as well. I have a MAC at home (where I would use it) and he said there is a download for MACs.

Thanks everyone! And sorry for the second posting!
  9. Photoshop is definitely not free and definitely not inexpensive!

I'd recommend Irfanview for a free image editing software - lots of people have had good experience with it
  10. You also might check and see what freeware is available.

Irfanview has already been mentioned, but I am so out of the loop I didn't even know GIMP had a windows interface until I just now saw caxe's post, I thought it only ran on Linux!
  11. I'm afraid to google GIMP
  12. Photoshop is not free...but if you go to (cnet's sister site) they can give you lists and lists of all kinds of programs that you can download and it's freeware, shareware, or you have to buy it. It's a nice try before you buy thing.
  13. I just use PAINT that came with my windows.
  14. I got Photoshop when it was bundled in with my scanner.