Am I losing my mind?

1. This is somewhat of a vent post, about my boyfriend. Hes making me feel like I'm completly insane. I was hoping to get some unbiased opinions. Here is what happened, all the time he asks me to go to Thai food restaurants, but I don't really like Thai food, so I always say no. I do love going to PF Changs, and thats where I wanted to go yesterday when I was out with one of my girlfriends, but we weren't close to a PF Changs, and she reccomended this other restaurant close by that is just like PF Changs. So I said yea sure lets try it. When we got in and sat down, I realized it was all Thai food, and at the same time my phone rang and it was my bf. I laughed and said you're never going to believe where I am. At first he wasn't too mad, but he called me back about an hour later and was REALLY mad. He said I disrespected him by laughing, and that I am only willing to try new things when I'm with my friends (which isn't true, I have a long long list of crazy new things i've done with him) and that I'm being arrogent because I won't acknowledge the fact I did something wrong. We have been together 6 years, and hes talking about breaking up. What do I do?
  2. sounds like he's just using this incident as an excuse. theres gotta be more going on. have you guys been fighting alot?
  3. no we haven't, the only thing that might have an impact on this fight is the fact that my parents said I can get a new BMW for graduation next month. He thinks it is completly unneccesary to spend that much on a car because I'm moving into a new chapter in my life. I think hes jealous, because he has always had a nicer car then me, when he was 16 his parents bought him his first BMW, and then again when he left for college. The thing is, his parents always buy him BMW's that are like 2 or 3 years old.... and I'm getting a new one. He thinks I'll be "cocky" if I get a new BMW, even tho thats never happened in the past.
  4. He needs to grow the hell up. You guys aren't even married and he is imposing his opinions on you. If he is this controlling and jealous now, heed the warnings. A normal response would be, "wow, that is no nice of your folks. can't wait to drive around with you in it!"
  5. Maybe you two need a little break, constant fighting over things that are really insignificant isn't healthy for a relationship. Trust me, if you two are in love and meant to be together you'll both go crazy in a week and will be back together again. :biggrin: I think you two might be taking each other for granted, this little seperation could help both of you.
  6. Yes- it sounds like there is more to it than just Thai resturants. Do you two attend the same school? Has he talked about wanting to see other people- yada yada?
    Maybe he's afraid of moving on to his next chapter...
  7. Wow maybe he needs to actually listen to you about why you were at the Thai restaurant. He shouldn't have gotten mad about something so insignificant. As for the car, it sounds like he's just he has a need to be better than you? I'm not sure but he's not acting very cool...
  8. Hes driving me nuts. We're in a long distance relationship... but its been that way for many years now, so I think we have the hang of that. I was supposed to see him now, but now he can't come home for another 3 weeks. Which kind of pissed me off, but i was understanding. Hes acting so sensitive lately, and I can't figure out why. Hes in his first year of law school, and i understand it can be stressful, but it doesn't give him the right to be rude to me.
  9. Wow! What a classy guy(!). :suspiciou.

No, you're not losing your mind. He's being ridiculous - there's just no other way of putting it. Getting mad because you accidently ended up in a Thai restaurant? Pointless - he's trying to pick a fight. You need to sit him down and find out what's really going on with him.
  10. could be the stress of school. the only way to find out is to talk to the guy honestly. otherwise, your imagination is going to go wild.
  11. Break time! Way too much jealousy and competition going on here. A little growing up needs to be done. I know it may sound harsh. But if he as issues with these kinds of relationship problems, I hate to see what happens when a real problem hits him between the eyes.
  12. OMG...this sounds so familiar. I went through sort of the same thing...I got a brand new car for HS graduation and my boyfriend at the time was really jealous. He was also really cheap and he wouldn't really stick up for me if other jealous people made catty remarks about me getting anything new. I was never one to brag about anything, so that was never a problem. I ended up breaking up with him after my first year of college. If a person loves you, they will be happy for you when you get something new. They want to share in your happiness. A man who loves you genuinely loves to see you happy.
  13. For what it's worth I think these gals are right. He's overreacting a bit and while he may be under stress, he's picking on little things. :sad:

It's like the couple who got a divorce because somebody left the top off the toothpaste or left the toilet seat up/'s the last bit.

You guys need to talk and maybe take a break. I've been there too. Once I got divorced because of it, and once I got married!:lol:
    Good luck!
  14. I think you guys should talk it out. Seems there are other problems. I hope it all works out, though.
  15. Well... I can tell you that my husband will pick fights with me, when he's cranky, didn't get enough sleep, hungry, the washing machine was overloaded, etc... In fact, I'm of the opinion that all men can be childlike and impetuous, while women are always always perfect in every single way (jk). Sometimes, there are underlying factors. It might be the car, it might be the fact that after 6 years, his family/friends might be pushing something else, marriage or date around, etc.. it can be a huge number of things.

When my husband behaves that way, I usually tell him flat out that he's being ridiculous and to get to the point of what is really bothering him. Sometimes then, he realizes how silly he's being and lets it go or he tells me what is really the problem. He does also say that I can go from nice to b*tch in about 2.5 seconds too... Sometimes, it's just helpful to know when to push the mute button.

Good luck!