am i insane? (lindy shoulder strap)

^ but they could have put press-studs (or something more "hermes") on the little tabs that wrap around the handles, that way, you'd still have the same look, with the option of detaching the strap. I have to admit, I use the strap, too, but I prefer the look handheld.

I must be the odd one out. I love the strap on my Lindy. If it didn't come with it, I actually wouldn't have bought it. I am actually happy with how Hermes did away with strap loops etc to attach the straps. Imagine there are strap loops, and when you use the Lindy as a shoulder bag, the short handles would be flapping all over the place. Yup. I thought about this before I parted money for my Lindy.

actually i can see why you love the strap but they could have done it the same way but adding two little buckles to the strap so it can be removed. you know i am all for shoulder straps if one needs them but at least make it versatile (like wth a kelly) but for me with the lindy given that the strap is quite sporty looking it gives the whole bag a sporty flair that it wont have if you take it away kwim. but as a whole i love the desing of the lindy it is quite unusual and different in a good way

LOL! I don't have a flair for bag design. I'm a simpleton when it comes to these things. It's LIKE or DON'T LIKE. Ask me for suggestions to amend bag designs, I have nothing to say. :lol::shame:

Then I must be the 2nd odd one out as well, the only way I carry the Lindy is on my shoulder, if it came without the strap, I wouldn't have bought it. As it is, Hermes already makes too many handheld bags, there are already so many choices. I like a shoulder bag that sits above my waist and the Lindy does that which is why I love it so much.

it would have been so easy to make the strap detachable -- i wish it were too, though for the life of my i don't know why, since i always have the straps attached to my kellys.

all they needed was one long strap with a buckle, doubled up like when the constance strap is doubled up to shorten it -- maybe fed through keepers to pinch it together right above each handle.