Am I crazy -- Azur Berkeley

1. I recently purchased my Azur Berkeley. We have been discussing the proper seasonal wear of white handbags vs other colors. Now I'm getting a little nervous about carrying the bag at all. I can live with the vachetta. I like the patina process but I am getting concerned about the white canvas. I have looked at the threads about color transfer. Do you think that LV could sell something that's so perishable and prone to discoloration? I'm thinking about returning it today. I'm heading to Tysons for something else and I'm not sure what to do about the Berkeley. I love it, but now I'm worried. Am I concerned over nothing? If the canvas discolors within a certain time period will LV make it good? Meaning, will they replace it or return it? I think that if the coated canvas turns yellow that's a bad thing -- defective, but if it picks up colors from non colorfast clothing, then it's a different story.
  2. I do not know how "delicate" the Azur is, but if you are going to be concerned when you use it, have you considered the Berkeley ebene. I have it and absolutely love it!!! I love the style and I love how care free it is (I even set it on the ground when I need to!). Good luck with whatever you decide...
  3. I was afraid after reading about the color transfer and all the vachetta, so I trade mine for the ebene...whish is gorgeous also. Thinking of getting a less expensive "summer" bag in azur
  4. I would keep it and just be careful
  5. Thanks!! I think I'm going to keep it. I will be careful with it. It's sooooo pretty and different from anything else I own. I just want to be able to carry it soon.
    I know I'd be sorry if I exchanged it.
    Thanks again,
  6. Coated canvas like that isen't really that delicate at all IME.
  7. I know what you mean though. I bought a bowling montaigne in ivorie last fall and I still haven't used it becuase I am worried about colour transfer. My daughter runined her white mc speedy from a navy sweater, so I am paranoid. However, I love the bag and I will use it in the spring, I am just going to be sure I wear it with light coloured or well washed clothing.
  8. Oh my goodness,

I haven't heard anything about the Azur canvas getting stained by colour transfer! Usually the canvas bags are so durable. I heard that the black Multicolour monogram would flake, but have used my black M.C agenda for three years and its still PERFECT, so I don't believe everything I hear.

I would be curious to learn more about this, as I was thinking about Azur as a spring choice.

Good luck!

9. I've had my azur speedy since last May and there has been no color transfer. And ALL I wear are jeans.
    I think you should enjoy your Berkely! It's a beauty.
  10. I want the azur berkley so bad! I wouldnt be worried about the canvas at all! its the vachetta that scares me!
  11. Do any of you have worries about all that vachetta?
  12. ^^^ I do, esp. on something like the Berkeley ... I wouldn't want it to get stains or uneven patina.
  13. I don't think it's discolour because it's not really white more cream the MC white yellowed but it was white white and it was only the early batches they fixed the problem the only thing to worry about is the rubbing from clothing you could always carry it in your hand rather than over your arm to minimise rubbing
  14. I have an azur wallet and mini pochette that I use everyday and I got them last spring. I haven't noticed any discolouration.
  15. The vachetta doesn't worry me. I like it because I think it is softer than the ebene leather. From my limited experience with vachetta, I believe the leather will age in an elegant way and I'm not real worried about the leather staining. I was, however, scared a little about the light colored canvas, but I'm not worried anymore -- thanks to all of your assurances about the azur!