Alternative to bid retraction

1. I have a bid on a Botkier bag on eBay that I've since become convinced is a fake. It's still at the starting price of $200 and I figured if I don't get outbid, I'll just write it off to experience. However the more I think about it the more irritated I'm becoming about being scammed. I don't want to retract the bid, since I have a flawless eBay record. Is there anything else I can do?:confused1:
  2. Contact the seller and explain that someone other than yourself (child, friend, etc.) bid on the item without your consent?
  3. I would just go ahead and retract doesn't really affect your eBay reputation much as long as you don't do it alot...better than winning a fake bag...
  4. I'm new to ebay -
    does retracting your bid make you look like a bad ebayer?

Thank you
  5. Not at all. As long as you don't so it once a week or once a month which would be excessive, there is no problem at all.

6. actually i think that could get you in to more trouble than it's worth or than just retracting your bid.

just retract. as long as it's not the last 12 hours you should be fine. you can always rebid lower than whatever the other bidders high bid is.
  7. Good idea: just lie =(

8. Retract it now before you you actually win it! Select a reason for retraction and you are done with it.

It is annoying to have this happen if you are an honest seller - but, if someone is selling fakes then they intend to rip someone off - therefore, you retracting your bid is hardly a crime.
  9. Retracting one bid doesn't affect your ebay reputation. The seller can't give you a negative nor does it go on any permanent record or affect your feedback score.
  10. Admittedly not the best approach, but I wouldn't waste a single moment questioning the morality of parsing the truth to avoid being scammed by a LYING THIEF.:confused1:
  11. Thanks for the help guys, I retracted my bid.
  12. :tup: Good for you!
  13. I appreciate learning from this too - thanks
  14. Without knowing the auction or the seller, why would you call them a "lying thief?"
  15. Obviously you didn't read janinevs original post wherein she clearly states that she is convinced the bag is fake. I'm inclined to take her word for it. Anyone who peddles counterfeits is a lying thief. Period.

I've just realized this issue isn't worthy of debate.