ALOHA RAG vs SHIRISE

1. Hi Everyone,
    All things being equal, who do you think is the better vendor? I'm thinking Aloha, but many of you have purchased from Shirise, so...

Thanks!

2. i havent purchased yet from AR but jumpei is a darling as for shirise they do have good service, they sent me a damaged bag but brandi (shirise buyer) replaced it and refunded me the shipping cost which is great ! i would buy from shirise again

3. Thanks, kaka!
    The problems that members had with bags from Shirise did give me pause. I was wondering about that. But it is true, they did make things right.
    Yes, Jumpei is wonderful. But choosing a bag, if you have "requirements" ??? Maybe AR would be better?

4. I've only purchased through Shirise. I think their prices are great--since the bags went on sale :smile: And I had a great experience!

But I don't think they may be as knowledgable about B as AR--so if you're willing to pay full price and want the bag hand-selected, AR may be the way to go.

5. Yes, I do want the bag hand-selected, so I guess I'll go with AR, if I can. Also, I just found out that at Shirise, the bags are all final sale. So if I didn't like the leather, I'd be outta luck. But they are really nice there, I agree. Probably a good spot for 'sale' bags.

6. I had a good experience with both stores. I do have a partial preference to AR, only because you don't pay for shipping plus the availability of a catalog too is helpful.

7. y'all can pay me (with bbags, of course) and i will go to shirise and scope out a bag for you.

seriously, i think the salespeople at shirise are just as capable as long as you tell them what you want.

i don't know that the bags are final sale unless they are on sale. i would ask to make sure.

8. doesn't AR have a restocking fee if you decide to return?

i purchased from shirise, got a damaged bag, and am in the process of getting a new bag (hopefully) with the help of Brandi.

9. Yeah, AR charges a $50 restocking fee, which is pretty steep.

10. Hi chi,
    I asked Michael about the return policy and he said they were final sale. And this was in response to the email re. new stock. I was kinda surprised. Maybe they just don't want to deal with a lot of returns. Can't blame them for that, but since the product is so variable, that's a negative.

11. True enough!

12. thanks! i had no idea. i have only bought stuff on sale there (which i knew was final sale).

13. i've bought from AR and everything about the experience was just WONDERFUL!

14. I have to say that Jumpei at AR is fantastic! They take the time to send pics and e-mails are always answered very quickly--I'm buying my Blue Grey City from them! Best CS I've had so far! :heart:

15. yes, AR has great service, although i never purchased there, but i sent email asking about their stocks, and they replied so quick adn thorough with the pdf of the stocks :p