Almost Got A Bag Today But ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Correction: Almost got two bags this week

But what happened? Honestly I don't know. Here's the thing ... as you know, I have a very to-get list. Some are top priorities and then there are some that are lower. To make a long story short, two of the stores that I deal with told me on two different occasions this week that they have a pink lizard clutch in. One of the stores even told me that it was still in wrappings and that they are willing to send to me without opening the shrinkwrap:nuts:.

And what did I do?

I turned BOTH of them down. WTF? What is wrong with me?!!!! Ok, I KNOW what was wrong ... While I'd love to get a pink lizard clutch, I want to get that in the future. I don't feel right about getting one right now when I won't be using it (I'd be lucky if I can even take it out once every couple of months) and I know I'll be getting much better use out of a Birkin 30, HAC 28, Shoulder Birkin, or Sellier Kelly 28.

Still, I feel awful for turning it down because it IS something that's on my to-get list, but it's near the bottom. It's also weird that two stores have it at the same time SAME week ... it's almost a sign telling me to get it but I KNOW I'd fret over it if I do get it since now isn't the right time. However, should I not be able to get any other bags this year, then I'm going to be REALLY pissed off at myself for passing this one up ...

Argh ... I feel like such a terrible person right now ... :push: One of the stores (the one that still has the bag in shrinkwrap) actually called me first even though there were other people waiting for it ... I feel like I've jinxed myself now or something ... :crybaby:

2. Hi Kou, DON'T feel awful about it. If you're telling yourself that now is NOT the right time to get the bags that you mentioned, it's a good thing you did for yourself by turning them down.. :yes:

3. ^^^Kou - this just means YOUR BAG is on its way!! This is a good sign..

Two stores + an H-bag you want (even though down the list) = POSITIVE H-Vibes this YEAR!!

YOUR IT BAG IS COMING!!:heart: Think POSITIVE

4. kou,

don't second guess yourself! you followed your gut instinct. just imagine the buyer's remorse if you got it and then decided you didn't want it! you'll get your bag you'll see! :biggrin: :biggrin: it's a lot of money to regret, you did the right thing!

also sending you positive vibes :biggrin:

5. ~~~ More POSITIVE vibes for Kou!!! ~~~

:smile: :smile: :smile:

6. Don't feel bad, Kou. Keep your eyes on the prize - the right bags will come along, in the right order!

7. I'd send a thank you note since you got called first on the list. I'd try to stay in good graces with your SA.

Dear Kou, I say start with the one that is on the top of your list...Wait for that one...it will make it that much sweeter when you get it.

8. Don't beat yourself up kou!!! Your "perfect" bag is coming!

9. You did the right thing. You knew in your gut that it's just not the right timing for the clutch. But I feel it, this IS your year! Adding to the positive vibes being sent your way!!!!!

I agree with elizabethk about the thankyou note:smile:

10. It's good that you went with your gut feeling Kou! I think the thank you note will be a nice gesture, and hopefully they'll give you a buzz soon about the bags on the top of your list!

11. You did the right thing, Kou. Better to get some day bags first, then work on clutches and stuff. :smile:

12. KOU....It's a SIGN!!!!

I really think you should get the lizard clutch (and HOW FABULOUS must it BE????????)!!!!!!

Seriously, your bags are few and far inbetween, and if I were making your collection, I would have LEAPED on this chance - shrinkwrapped too!!!!!!!!

I'd do it........

13. Argh!!!:wtf: Devil begone!!!!:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

14. KOU, you did the right thing. I also think this is a good sign!!! :yes:

15. :devil: ...but seriously....if I was Kou, and I came across this bag, SHRINKWRAPPED, I'd go for it.....but the majority rules, and I'm definitely in the minority here!! LOL!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.