All water leaks and no bracelet makes Perja a depressed girl...

1. Yesterday morning, my dad found a water leak in the kitchen that had flooded the counter. So he put a bucket there and left it at that, thinking that it was a damaged pipe, so it'd get fixed by the plumber who's coming on Friday.

Last night as my boyfriend was leaving, Dad showed me what it actually was. It's litterally water pouring from the ceiling from the appt above us.

Flashback 6 years in 2000, when the people above moved in, they did some "improvement" work and managed to do 7 (yes, seven) different water damages on us. They tried saying that it was untrue, that we were jealous that they're rich because he was redoing his appt and we were not (our home was in perfect condition, painting and all, so we didn't need to), threatened to have someone beat me up to try scare my parents... etc.
    That sort of held off on the repairs until the walls started cracking, peeling and the water ran out, evidently from THEM since water runs DOWN in most places.
    We've been having court procedures ever since. Judgement was due in May this year. :evil:
    In the end, we managed to prove it was through neglect but now this! Our appt is wrecked and with this going on, we won't be able to fix it for another few months while experts investigate for the court.

My mother died in the meantime so I'm left with the taxes on the inheritance (mainly on the value of the appt), so I can't afford to have everything fixed, neither can I afford to have the whole ceiling ripped out while that b*stard upstairs lives on his happy little life having wrecked our home.

I have to live in a freaking dump with peeling, cracked walls under permanent repairs while they're parading around like they own the building.

The neighbor has lied, threatened and otherwise done his best to make our lives hell because he wants to buy us out for cheap. I'm just so angry, upset... put any negative emotion in there. :mad:

I'm going to have to call the lawyer as soon as his office opens but I just needed to vent.

On top of that, I lost my favourite bracelet. It was a present and it's nowhere to be found in the house, I'm afraid it may have fallen off one day.

I went to bed really upset and depressed, feeling like it'd be better if I didn't wake up this morning. :cry:

Anyways, sorry for the long rant but I had to let it out. I'm just so down right now, I'm not seeing solutions or ways out.

2. Oh Perja... I'm so sorry!!! You want me to come and SMACK the s*** out of your neighbors?

3. Aw Perja I'm so so sorry.. that's so awful :cry: If your neighbors give you any more trouble tell them that you're friends with an army of bag-wielding ladies who won't hesitate to give them a good clobbering!

4. How sad!!! Girl, I am sorry. I wish you can be able to relax for at least 5 minutes. Dont worry everything will be fine. Yes, I think you should call your lawyer asap. Who do they think they are? I wish all the best. sending you hugs.

5. I'm sorry to hear that, how annoying! Hopefully the lawyer has something good to tell you in the morning. I can't believe they threatened you, how juvenile!! Hopefully you can get some sleep and geet it figured out as soon as possible. *big hugs*

6. Thanks ladies! You all made me smile, specially jeannie and sparkles, I could so see an army of angry PFies shaking their bags in the air :lol:

I'm going to go call him now and talk to another neighbour who is the unofficial "head" of the building.

7. So sorry this is happening! Do call your lawyer ASAP. Damage like that (based on the way you described it) would be very evident that it's your neighbors doing. I hope the leaking will stop soon and everything will calm down more.

8. Goodness, that's just terrible. I'm so sorry.

You know, when you go to your lawyer, mention that you think this damage could be caused deliberately. Isn't it odd, that the person upstairs wants to buy your place, but somehow keeps causing damage to it? And I'm sure they must be aware of the terrible circustances of losing you Mum. Some people are just scum, and will try and take advantage of any situation they can. If you have a housing association, they may be able to help out, too?

Do you have house insurance? Couldn't they deal with at least getting the damage fixed?

I'm so sorry, and really hope you get everything sorted out soon.

Take care,

K

9. Oh, they're well aware because just before it all started my mother had the cancer that caused the heart problems she died of.
    They'd seen her in recovery and everything. :suspiciou

The insurance is with us on the legal procedures but their hands are tied until the end of the court hearings. :mad:

I went to see the housing association guy from our building and he said he'd go talk to the upstairs people. I don't want to have anything to do with them. And I certainly won't sell my appt, even if I have to live in a crumbling place (think Miss Havisham). :sad: Not gonna let them win. :evil:

I'll keep you all posted but I wanted to thank everyone who took the time to say kind things. It really makes a difference to me that there are people out there who care (my own friends are far away in different countries now). :love: :love:

10. Good. Don't the the b**t*rds wear you down!!

I appreciate it must be pretty hideous at the moment, but what comes around goes around, so keep your head down, and just keep think to when it's all over, and you've got your lovely, newley fixed up apartment back again.

And you're absolutely right. Don't even bother acknowledging those horrible people. Not worth the effort.

Take care of yourself, and I know money is tight, but try and give yourself a treat, even if it's 5 mins with an ice cream cone, in a beautful park, enjoying the peace and quiet of a beautiful day!

K

11. You just wait until I get down there. I'll open a can of "Aussie Whoop-ass" all over him.

12. I am so sorry for all that you are going through, hang in there!

We can all take him! The jerk!

13. Perja, I wish I could give you my shoulder to cry on, literally! I feel so bad for you, that you have to suffer in the hands of such a*%holes! I hope you have someone that can give you support at home or at least let your frustrations out, the stress will make you sick.....takecare, honey.

14. Oh my God, Perja, what a nightmare! Well done for always seeming so rational, on here. I don't know if I could hold it together for so long, I think I'd be a gibbering wreck!

It never ceases to amaze me what people will do, for so little (relatively). They obviously can't be religious, or believe in kharma!

Good luck in your court case, I don't think there's much doubt as to who will win - as you mentioned; 'water runs DOWN' and I hope you find your favourite bracelet, soon! :smile:

15. Perja I'm sorry for all you've had to go through. I hope that things get sorted pretty quickly for you.