All About Chaîne D'Ancre Club

It looks great on you! I'm glad that it seems to sit much more naturally on your wrist than it did on mine. You won't notice the noise after a while. A co-worker of mine is jealous and she says that the "clinking" is like the sound of money. LOL. Congratulations on the fine purchase.

TY, I like the idea of the clinking sound of coins. You might have noticed the bracelet is a bit dull or grey with some signs of use on the toggle of course, it's preloved and i'll have to have it polished or buy it new and resell this one. Do you have any experience with H on this? They might not charge for a simple silver bath but that's not difficult to do at home. A real repolishing might add up much more and a brand new is an option in that case.

TY, I like the idea of the clinking sound of coins. You might have noticed the bracelet is a bit dull or grey with some signs of use on the toggle of course, it's preloved and i'll have to have it polished or buy it new and resell this one. Do you have any experience with H on this? They might not charge for a simple silver bath but that's not difficult to do at home. A real repolishing might add up much more and a brand new is an option in that case.

I prefer them when they are nice and used and not too shiny any more, but that's just me. When I sent one of mine to H to have the 1 link removed it came back all polished and looking new, but rubbing against my other ones it quickly lost it's shine!

By the way, your TGM is gorgeous, I'll have to get one sooner or later!

I prefer them when they are nice and used and not too shiny any more, but that's just me. When I sent one of mine to H to have the 1 link removed it came back all polished and looking new, but rubbing against my other ones it quickly lost it's shine!

By the way, your TGM is gorgeous, I'll have to get one sooner or later!

You're right the duller one goes better with my steel-gold watch but if I wear it next to my shiny torsade bracelet i prefer the whiter and shinier silver, just so bright. That loss of brillance always disappoints me on WG jewelry .

You're right the duller one goes better with my steel-gold watch but if I wear it next to my shiny torsade bracelet i prefer the whiter and shinier silver, just so bright. That loss of brillance always disappoints me on WG jewelry .

Pourquoipas, sending congrats on finding your perfect Chaine d'Ancre bracelet! I've never purchased because I've gone back and forth regarding TGM or GM, and number of links! I've appreciated the discussion regarding size and fit. I feel the same regarding sterling silver, I love its warmth, especially when highly polished. I do have some platinum jewelry, which I appreciate for its durability and not needing to be polished, but I prefer the color of sterling silver over both platinum and white gold. And the quality of Hermes silver is so beautiful, too!

Pourquoipas, sending congrats on finding your perfect Chaine d'Ancre bracelet! I've never purchased because I've gone back and forth regarding TGM or GM, and number of links! I've appreciated the discussion regarding size and fit. I feel the same regarding sterling silver, I love its warmth, especially when highly polished. I do have some platinum jewelry, which I appreciate for its durability and not needing to be polished, but I prefer the color of sterling silver over both platinum and white gold. And the quality of Hermes silver is so beautiful, too!

Thank you dear étoile de mer, you should try the bracelet on to enable your decision. Plus the good thing about silver is you can go chunkier without going bankrupt [emoji3]

I'm waiting for the day my TGM acquires a full matte finish and then I'll get another new TGM so I can have one shiny and one matte. LOL. Unfortunately, I don't have any experience with refurbishing H silver yet because I've only starting buying over the last couple of years. I wouldn't expect it to be too expensive but I will ask my SA next weekend. I would expect them to be able to make it shine almost like new.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. However, if I could choose only one, then I would choose the TGM. I just find it more special than the GM. I wholeheartedly agree with the love you have for the warmth/colour.

Thank you dear étoile de mer, you should try the bracelet on to enable your decision. Plus the good thing about silver is you can go chunkier without going bankrupt [emoji3]

I don't think you can go wrong with either. However, if I could choose only one, then I would choose the TGM. I just find it more special than the GM. I wholeheartedly agree with the love you have for the warmth/colour.

Dear Pourquoipas and wma, I do need to try again at some point! Other items arrived, and pushed it down my wish list. I do remember the TGM 11 link feeling about right, but they didn't have the 10 link for comparison. I have a small wrist (a bit less than 15cm), so couldn't quite decide if the scale of the TGM was a bit too big for me, but I do like statement pieces in silver. And I did like that the TGM individual links were a bit more discernible from a distance. Regarding other beautiful Chaine d'Ancre offerings, I was at my store yesterday and fell in love with the long, continuous loop, Ever Chaine d'Ancre necklace! So elegant. :heart:

Jen wearing a CdA at SNL

f6cb7b4ddf3be7cf6f7227a9b118a872.jpg