Alexander Wang Alexander Wang Rocco duffle bag

Hey guys/girls, I just got a new pebbled black Rocco with silver studs. As I got it from an outlet store, I'm not sure if it's calf or lamb leather. I assume that since its pebbled, it must be lamb skin. Am I right??
Also, I would like to ask if any of you brings your pebbled Rocco to the gym?? I'll be in the gym for 5 days within a week, and I really want to bring my Rocco for convenience sake, instead of changing bags every now and then. Although the bag would be kept in a personal locker, I was wondering if the high humidity within the locker (since the cleaner wipes the lockers everyday) would destroy the bag.....

Hey guys/girls, I just got a new pebbled black Rocco with silver studs. As I got it from an outlet store, I'm not sure if it's calf or lamb leather. I assume that since its pebbled, it must be lamb skin. Am I right??
Also, I would like to ask if any of you brings your pebbled Rocco to the gym?? I'll be in the gym for 5 days within a week, and I really want to bring my Rocco for convenience sake, instead of changing bags every now and then. Although the bag would be kept in a personal locker, I was wondering if the high humidity within the locker (since the cleaner wipes the lockers everyday) would destroy the bag.....

The pebbled leather is lamb. I don't see a problem with taking your Rocco to the gym and leaving it in a locker. I would sit it on a towel or a piece of clothing inside the locker...to protect the feet from scratching.

Congrats on your great outlet find. :tup:
Please post a pic when you get a chance.

Maybe you guys here could help me! I'm thinking about buying my first designer bag and I've settled on Rocco. I found this used bag in the color "dune" but I really can't make up my mind about it! I like the lighter color since I usually wear black but then again I'm worrying it'll get stained and will look awfull as it ages. So, since you have Roccos, what would you advise me to do? :biggrin:

Also, there aren't a lot of used Roccos for sale here where I live so I was wondering how much they usually go for? This one I've been cheking out is 400€ (~$450).

Maybe you guys here could help me! I'm thinking about buying my first designer bag and I've settled on Rocco. I found this used bag in the color "dune" but I really can't make up my mind about it! I like the lighter color since I usually wear black but then again I'm worrying it'll get stained and will look awfull as it ages. So, since you have Roccos, what would you advise me to do? :biggrin:

Also, there aren't a lot of used Roccos for sale here where I live so I was wondering how much they usually go for? This one I've been cheking out is 400€ (~$450).

I am not a fan of light colored bags because I fear dirt, stains, and color transfer. However a lot of people love them and manage to keep them looking great. It is really up to you and how you normally handle your bags. I think that Latte is about as light as I would be willing to try.

Resale value is a hard one to answer. The last 2 Roccos that I listed and sold went for $425...both pebbled black and in great condition. It all depends on the buyer. If it is a Rocco that I really wanted than I would pay $450 (or more) but if it was something that I was on the fence about...then I would probably wait.

Anyone have good recommendations for an organizer for this bag? Also - is there a style without the shoulder strap?

I don't know about the purse organizer but it's my understand that when the Rocco originally came it out it did not have the should strap but that was many year ago. Keep in mine the shoulder strap is detachable so you can easily remove it if you prefer.

I had a peroxide white Diego and I sprayed it with collonil protectant. It really did work I wear a lot of dark denim and while it would transfer I was always able to wipe it off with a make removing towelette...id just reapply protectant every so often.

I don't know about the purse organizer but it's my understand that when the Rocco originally came it out it did not have the should strap but that was many year ago. Keep in mine the shoulder strap is detachable so you can easily remove it if you prefer.

Ok I was wondering because I saw a pre loved one I was interested in purchasing that didn't have the shoulder strap. Would you know what year they added the strap? or how I would be able to date the bag? I'm new to AW.

Ok I was wondering because I saw a pre loved one I was interested in purchasing that didn't have the shoulder strap. Would you know what year they added the strap? or how I would be able to date the bag? I'm new to AW.

Ooo we'd need someone more knowledgeable than I to chime in. I know I've seen it mentioned in the message boards but I'm no expert. I imagine it's likely the 1st year or couple. I bought my 1st Rocco 4 years ago and it had the strap so I imagine it goes back further than that.

Sorry I don't have more to offer. But I bet you'll find a post on it here.

Does anyone have a photo of an awesomely broken in black rocco in the classic lambskin? I see really nice images of the old version - sans shoulder strap. I'm curious if the newer versions slouch as nicely? Love the broken in look. The bag is a bit too round for me when it's new and I'm considering selling the one I just bought during the sale.

I'm sad to say that I decided I'm going to try to get rid of my inside out rocco bag. I love the smushy leather but I hate how the bag sits open unless the zipper is closed. Plus the weight and size makes it less than ideal as an everyday bag. I guess I don't like barrel shaped bags.