Alexander Wang Alexander Wang bag CARE and MAINTENANCE

That's awful LMB! I hope they return/exchange it for you and I'm so sorry you had this happen. It's weird, it almost reminds me of what happens to Bal's corners but faster.

Thank you dear Tatertot :hugs: - I almost had a coronary when I noticed the big patches of white on Saturday. I know Bals are renowned for corner wear, but I've never experienced anything like this with my Bals, and they have had far more use!

I am mad busy at work atm but hopefully will be able to return it to store later this week...I'm not holding out much hope though, I'm kinda expecting them to tell me it's the nature of the delicate leather. Though I think it's very poor quality.

Maybe I'll look for an older, more substantial, AW - I love the style and I don't want to see her go, but like Pradapiggy, I don't want to have more AWs if they'll go the same way. It's certain heartbreak!

I think AW switched from black piping to white when they added the long strap. I just noticed the piping is showing through my Black Rocco with Black Studs. With the Black piping though it is not noticeable at all.

Ms.ShopChic & LMB, I hope things work out for you. :flowers:

oh no...

i just sent my black rocco off to my mom to borrow for a month..i'm gonna be worried sick the whole time now..i hope it doesn't happen to her while she's in HK, everyone's gonna think she's carrying a fake.

lil_fashionista. will you be trying to contact AW? sounds like they aren't very helpful with the matter at all :sad:

LMB. i'm sure selfridges will take it back and give you a refund. it's a bummer tho :sad:

It's s disheartening to hear how many issues are coming up with the piping. It's a shame -- seems like the leather and quality were so much better when the bags first came to the market. Incidentally I was at NM the other day and schocked at how rough the Bal's feel. I have an '05 City and the leather is like buttah, but these bags? The leather felt plasticky.

betty.lee, I won't be contacting AW. I may look for someone to fix it here, or leave it since it's really not noticeable.

roma375, I noticed that too. Even DH has commented on the Bal's plasticky leather.

hi ladies, so i saw a thread about this girls AW bag and hers is the first edition rocco without the strap. The thread is called buyers beware of rocco leather, sadly her bag was used for only 8 months and the handle were breaking! According to what she got from AW is that they can only see this as customer wear and tear :crybaby: sigh im so disappointed.. i havent used my rocco since posting the pictures here, i'm going to wait till its warmer to use it or maybe even rarely use it since it is so delicate .. sad i waited so long to get this bag and when i finally held my breath and bought it, it starts to deteriorate within 3 months :crybaby:

The era of the AW Rocco is over - I returned the bag today to Selfridges and was very impressed that they refunded me with no quibbles. Only one assistant ventured that it was "normal wear and tear" (to which I pointed out that (1) I had only used the bag a handful of times, and (2) even if I had used it every day for the 2 months I've owned it, I would still say this wasn't the kind of "wear and tear" I would expect from a designer handbag costing £795!).

So now I feel quite :sad:

I would be interested to know if the lighter colours are better - I had my :heart: set on a Latte RG Rocco but I don't trust it not to end up the same way. IRL they are totally gorgeous though - was drooling at the colour today!

I think AW switched from black piping to white when they added the long strap. I just noticed the piping is showing through my Black Rocco with Black Studs. With the Black piping though it is not noticeable at all.

Ms.ShopChic & LMB, I hope things work out for you. :flowers:

Thanks lil_fashionista - I wonder why they didn't keep using the black piping? It would make a big difference IMO! I might not like the fact the leather has worn away so fast, but at least it wouldn't look like a fake (as Betty.lee pointed out).

That is a bummer that they switched piping colors-how lame is that?

I looked at all my edges on my bags and they just dont appear to be any less fragile than my Balenciaga or Chloe edges. I really wonder what happened in the manufacturing process that caused these bags to wear through so badly?

Also, if you guys do experience edge issues, a good cobbler should be able to reinforce them and fix them. Mine is a master at repairs!

LittleMissBags & Susan Lee, I really think the Black piping makes a world of difference in terms of appearance. The strange thing is that my bag hasn't worn evenly. I only have damage on one corner, whereas the corner wear on my Bals is normally pretty even. I'll just take it to my local cobbler to reinforce the one piece.

^that's so strange that the wearing isn't even on the bag. kinda like the "beware AW leather" post. it's pretty unexplainable to me and it really pisses me off that AW isn't stepping up to the plate to address these issues..

they really have to step up the QC, sadly this doesn't seem to be their priority, nor customer satisfaction.. :sad:

LMB: i'm very glad that you were able to return your rocco and get a refund!

^^The only thing I can think of with the uneven wear is if the bag is always worn the same way (on only one side, etc). that might explain why? Since one side is always making more contact with your body/clothing the wear might be more pronounced? I try to switch mine around when wearing them so this doesnt happen.

I have seen this happen in other brands too, especially when bags are worn cross-body.