Airport shopping in Europe

Can anyone speak about pricing at the airports? I will be at CDG in Paris and was wondering how much the bangles/belts or the GP will be compared to NYC.

They will be the euro price minus duties. With the current exchange rate (I assume you're from the US?) you will be saving money.

For example, I bought a shawl at CDG a couple week ago and it was 907 euros, compared to 995 euros in a Paris boutique, vs 1275 USD.

Hope that somewhat helps!

They will be the euro price minus duties. With the current exchange rate (I assume you're from the US?) you will be saving money.

For example, I bought a shawl at CDG a couple week ago and it was 907 euros, compared to 995 euros in a Paris boutique, vs 1275 USD.

Hope that somewhat helps!

I was at Rome T1 and the Hermes store there was not duty free. The SA told me that they would fill out a VAT refund form and I had to get it stamped and get the refund myself.

Airport stores are only duty free if they are located past the passport control areas. Anything in the general concourse, as they are accessible to all visitors, are not duty free and outbound passengers would be required to go through whatever the normal detax routine for that country is.

Airport stores are only duty free if they are located past the passport control areas. Anything in the general concourse, as they are accessible to all visitors, are not duty free and outbound passengers would be required to go through whatever the normal detax routine for that country is.

Makes sense! We were supposed to fly out from T3 but, FCO T3 had a fire and was shutdown the day were flying. Our flight was rescheduled for the next day and our security check was done through T1 from where were were transported to our flight at T3 via a bus. Totally messed with my shopping plans :sad: but, these were some extraordinary circumstances and we were grateful we got a flight back home the next day.

Can anyone speak about pricing at the airports? I will be at CDG in Paris and was wondering how much the bangles/belts or the GP will be compared to NYC.
The CDG prices are pretty awesome if you're converting to USD...Evelyne GMs 2100 euro....even with duty entering the US it's nearly $1K cheaper.

Anyone been to the H in Rome Fiumicino T3? What are the stock levels like? I see off my parents at 3pm and don't have to catch my plane until 5pm, so I'm super pleased to find out there's an H in the terminal. :biggrin:

Anyone been to the H in Rome Fiumicino T3? What are the stock levels like? I see off my parents at 3pm and don't have to catch my plane until 5pm, so I'm super pleased to find out there's an H in the terminal. :biggrin:

Please check if the H at T3 is open. FCO had a fire in T3 on May 7th and the terminal had been closed. There is another H at T1 but, it's not tax free like the T3 H boutique.

@silversun please help to update the inventory :smile: which day are you flying ? My sister will fly out of rome on 23 may and i'm hoping she could help me getting Lindy there.

@bagreedy how's the inventory in T1 ? Thank you ! Any chance to get Lindy in Rome airport ?

i had seen pretty good inventory at T1 before, since it's domestic flights only you had much less competition with the Asian traveller. I had seen good bags on display before, bolide 31, jige elan, canvas and leather GP and definitely lindy, both size 30 and 34, so it's all possible just boils down to luck

Please check if the H at T3 is open. FCO had a fire in T3 on May 7th and the terminal had been closed. There is another H at T1 but, it's not tax free like the T3 H boutique.
Thank you. :smile: I'm not there until September (just over-excited and planning everything super early!) so hopefully T3 will be restored then. And I'm flying to London so sadly I wouldn't get anything duty free anyway, but it's much cheaper to buy in Europe at the moment.

Any updates on inventory at Milan Malpensa? Departing next week, and it may be my best hope to find a Pico; thus far, almost every store has said "Try ____, they are a bigger store." i didn't anticipate it would be so challenging to find a Pico.
Maybe I should take it as an omen that I'll get my Kelly later this year at FSH.