Ahhh yes, the joys of talking to an sa about a b bag >>>

1. I spoke to the strangest sa at Saks in CA.

Here is the conversation (and trust me, it was actually worse than this):

Me: 'Do you have french blue city for Balenciaga?'

sa: is that Valenciaga with a V?

me: no B for Balenciaga

sa: french? you mean navy blue?

me: no french as in the language.

sa: ok um, i am looking at some. they are very shiny.

me: wtf has shine got to do with it? (my thoughts)

sa: yea, its very very shiny. um, let me see the catalogue....

me: ok, let me know...

(10 seconds or so of silence)

sa: ok it says FR/T - not sure what T means. Not sure if FR means french?

me: hmmm. I don't know either. Any pictures?

sa: no. no pictures.

me: do you have it in the store? or is it at another location?

sa: we don't have any at all anywhere.

Don't you just love when you get an sa at a high end store that knows? :cursing:

2. lol! I believe it, I've had similar conversations! Last week, an SA I talked to kept calling it balenciago.

3. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

4. What a waste of a phone call!:roflmfao:

I once got told that there was no such thing as a twiggy by an AU retailer...

5. ah yes, I am well acquainted with this conversation :rolleyes:

moving to shopping for more sympathy ;)

6. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:Karen stop it. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

7. I would love to work at a department store and talk about designer bags (especially BBags) alllllllll day long. I am almost tempted to get a part-time job at my local NM, but I am busy enough with my full-time job.

There have to be some people out there who want to sell handbags and are passionate about them, right?

8. Oh my!!!!

Thanks for the giggle, but uuurgghhhh how frustrating!!

9. Yeah, I was told by an SA at NM that the Twiggy is a discontinued style and that's why they don't get it anymore ... mmmm, yah.

I cracked up at the "it's very, very shiny" part, how freaking hilarious! Maybe the shininess was getting in the way of her thought processes ... like some kind of UFO beam! Beamlenciagas!

I wish you well,

Bridget

10. :roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

That is hilarious, Karen! Funny yet oh so painful!

11. Yes, I feel your pain! The first time I called a store to ask about Bal bags the SA pronounced in Valencia and I got really confused. I should have known better than to doubt my bag knowledge!

The same thing used to happen all the time when I went in Sephora. I would ask for a product, the SA would tell me it didn't exist, and then I would proceed to tell her that I saw it on p.XX in the August XXXX edition of such and such magazine. I'm sure it annoys SAs when we know more than they do, but I don't feel bad. When I worked retail I knew my stuff!

12. too funny!! sorry you had to go through that!

13. How funny! I have found Saks SA's to be the least knowledgeable in the Balenciaga dept.! One Saks sent me a pic of a Violet First( when they first came out) and it was a lilac, very pale color.....
    I can't remember which store that said they are phasing out the old hardware:wtf:

14. At least the SA's in my NM knows the name is Balenciaga but as far as anything else, ppppphtt......they refer to the bags as small, medium and large (like clothing size) and I have to tell them the price so they know to get the bag that I'm interested in. They don't seem to have a problem with the price tag!:roflmfao: Ka-ching, Ka-ching$$

15. LOL! How true!:roflmfao: