age is not just a number

1. Hi all, I log on quite a bit and learned much valuable info, insight, encouragement...and a lot from "that book" too... I am wondering how many of you are in your thirties. Does it play a role in how you feel about this whole process? I am 39. Although, the doc says we're both fine...I keep thinking maybe it's too late!
  2. I am going to turn 35 in January. I am very glad I spent my 20s having fun and gaining experience and wisdom, but I hate that I'll be in my 40s with a little kid to take care of. I think that will make it physically harder. Luckily I'm in shape. Right now anyway.
  3. Well I am 31 and my DH and I have just started trying last month. I think it does play a role for me. I wish I would have already had at least one child by now, but we were not ready in our lives for that earlier. I feel like the older I get the harder it could get, but we'll see.
  4. I'm 30 and would not have been ready a day sooner!
  5. I share your sentiments. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!
  6. This is an interesting thread. I wish I knew the perfect age to have my first child, but I have no idea. I do know that I don't want to be more than 33 by my first, but I wish I knew the "perfect" age.
  7. I didn't want to be over 33 either, but it didn't work out that way unfortunately. I now feel so stupid for waiting for six months after the wedding to go off the pill -- we should have started trying immediately (I got married in april of 05, I was 32).
  8. I was 28 when I had my first, and am now pg with #2 at age 33 - will be 34 before baby is due. I really have to share that I am in a much better place at this age to have a baby. Looking back, when we had our son and were the first of all our friends to have a baby, I didn't have any other mom in my circle to share any mom experiences with, I was really on my own. Now 6 yrs later most all my friends have had a couple children, and I am behind them with #2 - I feel so prepared in life for this one, and now have a great mommy circle I didnt have before.
  9. I'll be 37 in March. I would have wanted to settled down way earlier, at 30 and have 2 kids by now. Unfortunately, it's not the way to be as the right relationship was not in place. We got married in April 2005 but waited until end last year (for the house to be ready, DH to complete his post graduate studies and just wanting to have our couplehood). Looking back, at times, we feel we really should have just gone ahead much earlier as its taking us this long (1 year TTC). Yet, we also know we needed to settle in to marriage life together first. Right now, we're just taking one day and one step at a time.
  10. I am 38 and will give birth at 39.
    Its not too late.
    But I would get started if you are thinking about it.:graucho:
  11. I think there's really no right or wrong time. If you're already starting to think about the matter, it could very well be time. I guess no one could ever be ready until it happens.

And of course, start as soon as possible!
  12. I think age plays a huge part when you are TTC. I had my first child at 34 and she is a healthy and happy little girl. I started to try again for a 2nd child at 35 and that's when things went down hill. My problem is that I can get pregnant very easily but my body cannot hold onto the baby. I have had 4 miscarriages since I turned 35 and I am now 37. I have gone to RE for all the special testing and my body is completely normal. The RE says that my body's environment is perfect for a baby but it's my eggs that are old and crusty. He suggested doing IVF but before taking that route, I want to give it one last shot and try again in December. So to answer your question, age plays a huge roll. That's why people say to get pregnant before 35! Wished I had listened but I had the "it's not going to happen to me" mentality. :crybaby:
  13. I'm 32 (33 in January) and my SO is 30.
    He told me he wasn't ready for a baby before his 30's but I explained him I didn't want to have our first child after 35.
    This spring we both realised we were ready. We started TTC after our summer holidays and we are really blessed because I got pregnant after only 3 months.
  14. Congratulations totally addicted!!! Great news. for the rest of us...let's keep trying. It's sorta strange though because I'm trying to stay calm and not make a big deal but at the same time, because of our age, I'm feeling the pressure to step it up! decide somewhat fast for IUI or IVF. (I know that's another blog...he..he..) Anyhow, for now next couple of months it's naturally! Like some of you, I didn't have the relationship thing earlier and I wasn't ready. I probably wouldn't have the career I fought so hard for. I too am glad I had my single way days. I try to think if it's meant to be it will be. (UNTIL I FREAK OUT AGAIN!!!!) I think that if my husband was even slightly interested in adopting it would make some of the "pressure" go away. I guess ya can't have it all...

15. CONGRATS!!!!! :yahoo: