"After contacting some of your references . . . . "

caitlin1214

tPF Bish
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
It doesn't look like I'd be a perfect fit for their store.

Remember when I posted about Starbucks taking FOREVER to check my employee records?
I gave the manager time to check out my references, and my 'deadline' was today. I called her today to find out what was going on and that's what she told me.

So now I don't have a job anymore.

I'm giving it time before I figure out what to do.

I know what you mean!
When I was looking for a lawyer where to start my practice (read "someone who works 8 hours every day and more FOR FREE") I sent many Cv. I don't know how disturbing could be sending an email saying "No thanks" instead of silence... I think it's not polite!!
If you are not willing to take someone, just let him/her know asap, so she/he can do otherwise! I'm sorry for you, hope you find a better place! :smile:

That's terrible. So sorry this happened to you. Do you think it was something one of your references said?..Strange. I sort of followed your threads on this and it sounded as if you had the job and that the checking of the references was just a formality.

Oh well....at any rate...perhaps this job was not meant for you..perhaps a BETTER position awaits you. Always look at the bright side of things and never place all your eggs in one basket. Cliche, I know but they are SOOOO true! ((Hugs)) A new job is coming your way soon!

Gosh, that is annoying. I'm sure you must be irritated, as I would assume you had stopped looking, since it sounded to me like the reference check was a formality, and the job was secure.

Caitlin ~ I'm Sorry. I Definitely Wasn't Meant To Be...You Will Definitely Find A Job That Is Just For You!!!

How New Are Those References? I Would Definitely Go Back & Check With Each Of Them. One Of My Sweetest Friends Went Back To A Company ~ About 5Yrs. Later (They Asked Her!)...I Don't Know The Whole Story ~ But, One Of Her References Within The Company ~ Wasn't Too Kind. I Believe In The End She Was Still Offered Something...She Never Took It...Too Many Headaches!!!